Used 1992 Volkswagen Corrado Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Volkswagen Corrado Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corrado model:

vw corrado is an icon
By starrdog

1992 Volkswagen Corrado Hatchback SLC 2dr Coupe

i have 51,500 miles on my corrado, all original. i love pretty much everything about it. only two complaints. no rear leg room, and not the best vw working parts, ( heater core went, ac needs recharge, temp gauge stop working). outside of that the car is a pleasure to drive. smooth vr6, pulls really strong, quite fast. the trans short gearing gets you up to speed quick. rubbery shifter feel but not so bad. seats are very comfortable. clutch is smooth and responsive. great driving position. cool looks, cool automatic wing, great engine note. an unmolested, low mile corrado is hard to part with.

automatic rear wing goes up at 45 mph, goes back down at 12 mph. engine sound, short gearing, powerful engine equals quick acceleration. comfortable seats and great driving positions equals great driving pleasure. 18.5 gallon tank and good gas mileage. unique styling and still can kick most cars of today in the rear.

little more leg room, better working parts i.e. heater core, ac, warmer heated seats.

untouchable!!!
By icpninja420

1992 Volkswagen Corrado Hatchback SLC 2dr Coupe

its a fabulous car!!! mine has been untouched by anything iv raced so far... iv got a 2.8 thats been modified to a 3.0 high compression pistons polished intake manifold and head bigger valves race cams exhaust power pullys and a chip tuned just to the car and i get 35 mpg!!!

the rear spoiler is unlike iv ever seen before and the body style of the car is flawless!!!

higher geared tranny or just a 6th gear and up grand the engine to a VR8 (if only one was produced!!!)

A modern classic.
By Matt

1992 Volkswagen Corrado Hatchback SLC 2dr Coupe

I have owned two Corrados now and I can say without a doubt that of all the cars I have owned (Accord, Civic, RSX, ES300, Endeavor, Dakota, PT Cruiser), the Corrado is my favorite! The Corrado is a very unique car, which is perhaps why I like it so much. It is a very fun car to drive. I love the automatic rear spoiler (yes, the one on mine still works.) In fact, everything but the fog lights on mine still works. Both Corrados I have owned took a lot of TLC, but to me it was worth it. I wish I had the chance to buy one brand new, but I wasn't even driving then. I think it would be awesome if VW came out with a new Corrado!

Handling, rear spoiler, auto down windows, VR6, gas economy (24/30), style.

Too many to list, but overall it was a very sweet ride for a 1990-1995 model.

Don Corrado
By Megan

1992 Volkswagen Corrado Hatchback SLC 2dr Coupe

This Corrado is the 6th VW I have owned (3rd with a VR6) and I dreamed about owning an SLC VR6 since I was a little girl. I finally got my hands on this black on velour 1992, and it has been great. This car is so solidly built that it doesn't even rattle when I drive it 100 mph! The VR6 pulls strong and you're reading the mileage right: 263k! I love the sport seats (heated too), and it's fun to show people the speed-sensitive spoiler (still works!). It's also great to own such a rare VW that has a lot of cachet and nostalgic value. Most people don't even know what a Corrado is or think it's a Scirocco, but those who know the Corrado know greatness! I can't wait for more good times with him.

VR6 engine, build quality, handling (autocross!), rarity, seats, interior design, exterior design, spoiler, Karmann coachwork, exhaust sound from the VR6 at 4500 rpms, reliability.

Fuel economy (but it is a VR6 in a 2900 pound car. That's why you have an 18 gal fuel tank).

Underestimated
By Ryan

1992 Volkswagen Corrado Hatchback SLC 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I've ever owned. Its sporty, fast and comfortable it puts my V8 muscle/sports cars to shame. Anyone looking for fuel economy in a sports car needs to rethink their idea on a sports car otherwise it handles unbelievably and it surprises even the most anti-VW people.

Auto wing, VR6, BBS rims.

Supercharger, freeflow exhaust, cold air intake.