1992 Volkswagen Corrado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corrado model:
vw corrado is an icon
By starrdog on 10/18/11 20:25 PM (PDT)

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC 2dr Coupe

i have 51,500 miles on my corrado, all original. i love pretty much everything about it. only two complaints. no rear leg room, and not the best vw working parts, ( heater core went, ac needs recharge, temp gauge stop working). outside of that the car is a pleasure to drive. smooth vr6, pulls really strong, quite fast. the trans short gearing gets you up to speed quick. rubbery shifter feel but not so bad. seats are very comfortable. clutch is smooth and responsive. great driving position. cool looks, cool automatic wing, great engine note. an unmolested, low mile corrado is hard to part with.

untouchable!!!
By icpninja420 on 03/01/09 16:35 PM (PST)

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC 2dr Coupe

its a fabulous car!!! mine has been untouched by anything iv raced so far... iv got a 2.8 thats been modified to a 3.0 high compression pistons polished intake manifold and head bigger valves race cams exhaust power pullys and a chip tuned just to the car and i get 35 mpg!!!

A modern classic.
By Matt on 09/14/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC 2dr Coupe

I have owned two Corrados now and I can say without a doubt that of all the cars I have owned (Accord, Civic, RSX, ES300, Endeavor, Dakota, PT Cruiser), the Corrado is my favorite! The Corrado is a very unique car, which is perhaps why I like it so much. It is a very fun car to drive. I love the automatic rear spoiler (yes, the one on mine still works.) In fact, everything but the fog lights on mine still works. Both Corrados I have owned took a lot of TLC, but to me it was worth it. I wish I had the chance to buy one brand new, but I wasn't even driving then. I think it would be awesome if VW came out with a new Corrado!

Don Corrado
By Megan on 07/03/07 14:44 PM (PDT)

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC 2dr Coupe

This Corrado is the 6th VW I have owned (3rd with a VR6) and I dreamed about owning an SLC VR6 since I was a little girl. I finally got my hands on this black on velour 1992, and it has been great. This car is so solidly built that it doesn't even rattle when I drive it 100 mph! The VR6 pulls strong and you're reading the mileage right: 263k! I love the sport seats (heated too), and it's fun to show people the speed-sensitive spoiler (still works!). It's also great to own such a rare VW that has a lot of cachet and nostalgic value. Most people don't even know what a Corrado is or think it's a Scirocco, but those who know the Corrado know greatness! I can't wait for more good times with him.

Underestimated
By Ryan on 06/26/07 23:01 PM (PDT)

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I've ever owned. Its sporty, fast and comfortable it puts my V8 muscle/sports cars to shame. Anyone looking for fuel economy in a sports car needs to rethink their idea on a sports car otherwise it handles unbelievably and it surprises even the most anti-VW people.

best car
By corrafan on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC 2dr Coupe

the corrado is a fun car to drive is fast and handle great, the fuel economy is a not that great but none with a vR6 is or even V8 that dont give the same power as this car. if you have a chance to drive one you will fall in love with it.

Slc Corrado
By corradoturbo on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC 2dr Coupe

Great Car for being built in the early 90's, overall peroformance and style excellent. Still the best sports car to come from VW today!

My Corrado
By Nickgk on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best car ever owned