Best VW ever built
By vw_maniac on
1991 Volkswagen Corrado 2dr Coupe
People keep asking me if my car is a current year model. The Corrado is the best unknown VW. I have seen many a new car owners, in particular new to VW owners rubbernecking. I can only image them thinking that "Hey! How'd I miss that VW on the lot. I would have bought it instead of this!". Smooth ride, I think the G60 is better balanced than the VR6 later models. Easy to upgrade, timeless styling, good on gas (Still 26mpg w/ mods, when I stay off the gas), Neat features like the MFA computer, two position sunroof, speed activated spolier (just like the Porsche's), BBS wheels. I could go on, but this is the best VW I've owned.
Favorite Features
Power locks work both doors and hatch at the same time. Both windows have auto-down feature. MFA comp. Handling is great. Timeless Styling is superb. Top quality-not a single rattle in a 12yr old car. Easy maintenence.
Suggested Improvements
One worrisome item is the supercharger. It's pretty pricing to replace. Many people quickly turn to a turbo when the charger "G"renades. The number 1 improvement I could think of would be a 2005 VW Corrado T2.0.