2014 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews

2014 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

2014 Volkswagen CC Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 1/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

View reviews for a specific CC model:
1 yr with a CC
By vincevw329 on 01/15/15 05:34 AM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen CC Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my 3rd VW lease and 2nd with the 2.0turbo and DSG transmission, my 1st CC. I commute 7 miles 1way to work 3days a week and take a 200mi road trip 1-2 times a year. The strong point for the CC is the styling, progressive, swept back, very nice looking car inside and out. Driving is also a strong point, precise steering and a responsive turbo 4 and gearing coupled with a just soft enough euro ride lives up to "drivers wanted" campaign slogan that VW no longer uses. Overall it's a comfortable, easy to drive car up for both highway cruising and commuting. Transmission can take some getting used to and VW should emphasize this more, occasional slow shifts in traffic can be dangerous.

POS in nice skin
By geo40 on 12/09/14 23:43 PM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen CC Executive 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's a money pit. Talk about high maintainance German cars. Have to replace the tires every 30K miles. Water pump went out at 60K. Oil leak at tensioner at 65K miles. Rear break pads wearing out before fronts. Each of those cost me over $1K a pop. Not good for a $35K vehicle when purchased new. Long time ago, I had a 1980 Datsun 510, carburator, manual. It went to 200K miles with oil changes only. Think the Germans have learned how to make reliable cars? They have not. They have learned very well how to drain your bank account. And for reference, I've had a BMW Z3 and A Mercedez C240. Same high maintainance POS in pretty skin.

My CC
By richardca on 05/15/14 17:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I enjoy this car and the features, moved up from a 2012 Passat, the extra 30 hp. certainly helps and the MPG is nearly the same. The 2 tone interior looks great and is very comfortable. Feels like a luxury car and drives like one. Nav. system is a plus.

Awesome Sports Sedan at Excellent Value
By kettemr on 04/29/14 09:42 AM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

This is my second VW CC. I traded my 2011 CC Sport 2.0 for a 2014 CC V6R 4Motion. Also researched and priced Audi A6 3.0, Audi A5 Cabriolet, and BMW 535. The CC V6 AWD Executive offers nearly all the same features and quality with exceptional styling, comfort, and ergonomics. IMO drives very similar to the Audi A6 3.0 Quattro for nearly $20k less.

Luxury on a budget
By vincevw329 on 02/05/14 10:58 AM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen CC Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 1/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Model specs and technicals are best seen at VW website so I'm dispensing with that and on the my impressions of the car. I just bought a 2014 CC sport in black for a daily commuter, 9 miles 1 way, 5 days a week and 2 roadtrips a year. This is my 3rd VW, Jetta, GTI, now CC. Buying experience was typical, they use some old tricks to get the most money for the cars and I walked out happy with a fair deal. Interior and exterior design, fit, and finish are all top shelf. Seams are close and even, textures are supple and ergonomics are well thought out. Driving is a pleasure, the ride being softer than the GTI but still very firm. Engine is very responsive and driving is very easy.