2014 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

LIEBE
By VW customer

2014 Volkswagen CC R-Line PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I read many reviews before the purchase of our cc, we have had the vehicle for 3+ months and have already taken it on a road trip in the Eastern Tennessee area, the DSG transmission is superb on the curvy mountains, the 2.0 turbo has major take off and acceleration, it maneuvers with sleekness, most reviews stated small trunk space ???, I felt it was plenty of storage/ packing space....so not sure where the smallness trunk review comes from ?, The reviews also state low head room in the rear seats, this is true to a point, but plenty of leg room and a 5'9" passenger/ person would have no issues, again not sure why the reviews dwell on that area, I do notice rearview is diminished due to the slopping roofline, but this can be overcome by adjusting both passenger/ driver's, and rearview mirrors and quick head turn glance ? All necessary controls and driver/ car information is ready accessible via steering wheel buttons/ controls, or within hand reach, adjusting the drivers/front passenger seat takes a while to adjust being it it is 12 way power adjustments, but once set, it's comfy, I Have the R-Line version, I believe the executive model comes with selective buttons for 2 separate drivers, I myself prefer the R-Line series, My advice for those shopping for a great engineered (german engineering), and a sleek looking, FUN car, this one is worth giving a 2nd. look.....but Shop around, buy certified pre owned, and feel comfy with the dealership/ sales person, I went to 3 dealerships, before settling on where and whom I felt good with and was treated best for the best deal !

Underrated and overlooked
By jewishmomo

2014 Volkswagen CC Executive PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I leased the Executive 5 months ago and I am still blown away. I had a Jetta prior to this and believe I was no where close to being disappointed with that but I always wanted a CC. And I am not disappointed at all. I was between the 3 series, A4, and C Class and the CC provides the best interior by far. Mercedes has this annoying habit of a having a full phone dial pad for some reason. I mean its 2015 dude come on! Audi steps it up well but the screen is all the way up there. And the BMW has way too many buttons. This is a space shuttle! The CC on the other hand is primarily all on the 5.5 inch screen, which believe is bigger than most screens in there. Plus the camera never gets foggy.

Handling and pick up. Turbocharged anything is phenomenal but honestly 200 horsepower picking up like that is unreal. And its not one of those jerk back in your seat type of pick ups. It handles like a dream, honestly i take those off ramps that post 30 mph speed limit at 70-80 mph. The braking, which really didn't think would be a big deal, is precise and easy. When you get a new car or put on new brakes its a very hard stop but somehow the CC handles braking very well.I enjoy the ease at which everything is on the steering as well. Not too many buttons but enough to get the job done.

Media/entertainment system is from the year 2000. Fix it. Push start but no autostart. Seriously VW? Sunroof but no moonroof that opens all the way? What exactly is the point? Rearview could be larger. But these are all little things. Overall a phenomenal buy. Id like it to be a little cheaper but the ride is so smooth, almost shockingly smooth like a Limo that it is worth it.

1 yr with a CC
By vincevw329

2014 Volkswagen CC Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my 3rd VW lease and 2nd with the 2.0turbo and DSG transmission, my 1st CC. I commute 7 miles 1way to work 3days a week and take a 200mi road trip 1-2 times a year. The strong point for the CC is the styling, progressive, swept back, very nice looking car inside and out. Driving is also a strong point, precise steering and a responsive turbo 4 and gearing coupled with a just soft enough euro ride lives up to "drivers wanted" campaign slogan that VW no longer uses. Overall it's a comfortable, easy to drive car up for both highway cruising and commuting. Transmission can take some getting used to and VW should emphasize this more, occasional slow shifts in traffic can be dangerous.

Style is what this is all about, otherwise I suggest the the Passat. Driving is great. V-tex fake leather is really nice and I prefer it to the real thing. Stereo is adequate and all controls are in easy reach. This base model is nicely decked out with auto-xenon headlights, heated seats, duel zone climate, folding rear seats, full bluetooth phone integration, winter matts, heated side mirrors, anti-glare rearview, and automated parking break. 2014 should also have a B/U camera but early 2014 do not. I really like the SD card music, easy to use, easy to navigate along with the phone/bluetooth, best in any new car I've been in.

At under 10,000mi, the car has been riddled with annoying problems. Trying to fix the CCs poor quality reputation I had to bring the car back to the dealer 30 days after purchase where I told them: the dash rattles in 3 spots, the heater fan screeches, the mini glovebox on the drivers side cuts my hand when I use it. So.... they just made excuses and fixed nada. After 6 months the front end was making some strange binding noises, another day at the dealer to find out some shipping suspension limiters had never been removed. Went to gas it up last week, electric fuel door not open, frozen shut (no water recently). Infotainment is dated and no voice control over nav. For 34G there's alot wrong

POS in nice skin
By geo40

2014 Volkswagen CC Executive 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's a money pit. Talk about high maintainance German cars. Have to replace the tires every 30K miles. Water pump went out at 60K. Oil leak at tensioner at 65K miles. Rear break pads wearing out before fronts. Each of those cost me over $1K a pop. Not good for a $35K vehicle when purchased new. Long time ago, I had a 1980 Datsun 510, carburator, manual. It went to 200K miles with oil changes only. Think the Germans have learned how to make reliable cars? They have not. They have learned very well how to drain your bank account. And for reference, I've had a BMW Z3 and A Mercedez C240. Same high maintainance POS in pretty skin.

My CC
By richardca

2014 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I enjoy this car and the features, moved up from a 2012 Passat, the extra 30 hp. certainly helps and the MPG is nearly the same. The 2 tone interior looks great and is very comfortable. Feels like a luxury car and drives like one. Nav. system is a plus.

Backup camera, DSG trans., handling, looks, entertainment system.

seat memory, center console is too big.

• SUV