Thrilled with the CC
By pawwap on
2013 Volkswagen CC Sport Plus PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
The German built CC is an excellent blend of performance, style and value. The 2.0 turbo engine is very peppy and responsive. A friend who recently drove my relatively new CC Sport was sure it was a 6 cylinder from its pick up. I have gotten up to 34.5 mpg on a combined road and street drive, that with the required premium gas. Generally, in town mileage has been about 26 mpg. The interior is very elegant and at a price that is much more reasonable than the VW's German counterparts. While I have had it only a short time, I traded in my 7 year old Passat (the best car I have ever owned) to get this snazzy sedan. I am so far, thrilled each time I get into the CC.
Favorite Features
The black and brushed metal interior is very classy and uncluttered. The connectivity via bluetooth is a great plus, and the ipod/iphone conector in the glove box makes listening to my music complete and easy. The readout on the dash provides excellent info. The nicely supported power buckets of both front seats are quite comfortable. The handling is just what I'd expect from VW, although the steering is not quite as tight as my previous Passat. The power available for acceleration is even better though. The "holding the road" feel typical of VW's is very evident. It is a blast to drive. The duel climate control is user friendly. And, the black CC looks fantastic...like a car in a tux
Suggested Improvements
While not improvements, I mention here items that are less favorable. The back seat, while moving to a bench in this year's model, still is not particularly generous. I drive with the driver's seat way back, and the room left behind me is small. BUT, there is enough leg room that I can pull the driver's seat up a good bit when I do have a rear seat passenger. A child seat can be put in the back. My wife is a bit short and finds the headrest not able to be placed in a particularly comfortable spot, even at its lowest position. A small pillow is likely going to help here. Visibility is somewhat limited due to the narrow back window, and the slope of the A-pillar. Just look twice.