Great sports sedan
By pjkroseville on
2013 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I've been a Honda guy since I was 17. I wanted a sedan mated to a 6 speed manual because I enjoy driving and the manual makes the experience much more fun! It is next to impossible to find an Accord with a manual transmission, so...I landed at VW. This is my first dive into a German car and I couldn't be happier with my 6-speed CC Sport. It is smooth, quiet,comfortable, sporty, great looking (many say it looks like a Benz CLS) and fun to drive. I've had it for over 5 months and I still look forward to driving it everyday. I'm in sales and spend a lot of time in my car and it's wonderful to drive. I drive over mountain passes, simply put it in 6th gear and it just goes. Well engineered
Favorite Features
Front seats are really comfortable. 2.0T with 6 Speed manual is smooth, efficient and surpisingly quick. 35 MPG on the road. Electronics are nice and work well with iPhone (except they forgot a USB port on the dash, only in the glove box). I love all the compliments I get seemingly everywhere I go. Most don't even know what the car is, but they really like the look of it and when they see the 2 tone interior...they go nuts. This car is really pleasing to the eye. Nice work VW.
Suggested Improvements
My only real problem with this car is the lack of visibility out the back. Backing this car out of a parking lot can be hazardous. No accidents yet, because I'm very careful. This could have been remedied with one simply accessory...back up camera. They should make the back up camera standard in every one of the CC models for safety. I would add one if VW would make a retro fit kit, but apparently, they don't...which is their second mistake. I'm also surprised the Sport model I bought didn't come with an integrated "homelink" system to open my garage door. This should be standard on all vehicles by now....even in the base models. They need to add a USB port on the dash as well.