Used 2013 Volkswagen CC VR6 Lux Sedan Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Head turning VW CC
By Christopher Bergeron

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

My CC is awesome. It has the right blend of luxurious appointments mixed with rugged sports car.

CC Sedan Lux VR6
By plee52

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Love this car except for a couple of VERY annoying things.
The main problem is the backup camera and navagation system. My backup camera takes for ever to come on. So to me, it is basically useless. I have had it in to VW 4 times and even called VW Headquarters. They replaced the whole navigation unit and the actual camera
itself. NO CHANGE. They said that this was just normal for this vehicle. Only excuse they could come up with. Very sad. I feel helpless because i paid a lot for this feature. Now there is a popping sound in the windshield. I will be in for that eventually.

Drives awesome. Beautiful design outside and interior.

Change the Navigation unit. It is subpar.

Great looking German 'coupe' with solid performance
By black07gti

Overall, I am
very happy with the CC. It's one of the best looking cars on the road, at least compared to anything under $50K, it has a fantastic looking interior (especially mine, which has the red and black seats), and the VR6 offers strong performance. You do sacrifice a little utility, but the CC is a unique vehicle that stands apart from the sea of Accords, Camrys, etc. It's also one of the few VWs that is actually made in Germany. I'll have to see about long-term reliability though. I would say either buy the Sport or the VR6 Lux. The intermediate 2.0T models simply aren't big enough upgrades to justify the price, while the VR6 adds a lot of important features.

Exterior and interior style are probably the biggest selling points of the car. As mentioned, I have the black and red seats, which look fantastic. The HID headlights are also very strong. The big advantages of the Lux VR6, besides the more powerful engine, are real leather seats (including my red ones), the much superior RNS 510 nav and the backup camera, which I feel is a necessity for this car. The VR6 has more than enough power, though I would take the better fuel economy of the 2.0T if only VW would offer the other goodies with it.

There are some oddities with the features and pricing. For example, keyless start, which is available on the Passat, is not available on any CC. Blindspot monitoring, radar cruise control, park assist, which are available on at least some competitors like the Fusion, are also not available on the CC. I also wish front parking sensors were available on the Lux instead of just the Exec. The low seating position makes it hard to judge where the front of the car is in relation to walls, other cars, etc. Gas mileage on the V6 is poor. I get about 20 MPG. Also, reliability is a watch-out with any VW. I had to get the motor that controls the power passenger mirror replaced already.

Great power
By mannyrz

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I bought this car after driving and researching cars that did not cost more han 40.000 us. This car has great features, power is great and handling its amazing. 0 to 60 mph in 5.53 sec. Fuel consumption is great. Great lines and design. Headlights are one of the greatest improvement in this model, the nav is great, bluetooth extremely reliable with voice commands, you can do video in the screen and save music into radio hard disk. Fun to drive and if you want to feel the real power enjoy the Sport mode, it will kick full power in RPM when you accelerate. I drove a bmw 325, 335, audi 2.0 t, audi 5, ifiniti g37 and i decided to buy this one based on how good it felt driving it.

Engine power, stability, interior, headlights, navigation system , radio power, braking action, seats comfort

The only thing that needs to be improved is the fact the sunroof just tilt up but it does not open or retract.

Great car, fun to drive
By kyotonigel

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I absolutely love how my car drives - the V6 engine has powerful acceleration and the car feels very sporty which I like.
The car has a lot of spunk.
If you want a sports car feel with many of the features found in a luxury sedan ---the Lux V6 is the way to go.
It is a very attractive car and I get a lot of compliments when driving it.
People are always asking what it is because of the unique look.

I love the interior design, touch screen controls and ergonomic design --- the car is a great fit for a smaller person. The Lux V6 comes with lots of technology features and I'm still learning how to use some of them. My former car was a 2004 Infiniti that I drove for 8 years --- and the drive on the VW rivals my previous car at a much more reasonable price point for similar features.

I have had a couple minor problems which may be due to manufacturing defects since I purchased one of the first 2013 CCs. I had an issue with the ignition switch - the plastic kept popping out and I had a similar issue with the the trim around the passenger door - issue with one of the clips. My local dealer was able to get the parts from Germany and fix both items. Sometimes the rear camera takes a minute to start-up, not a major big deal but this is a bit irritating sometimes. I personally preferred the front end look of the 2012 model, I think the front view of the car is a bit generic, not as appealing and unique from the front end view.