2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
CC Sedan Lux VR6
By plee52 on 04/03/14 16:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Love this car except for a couple of VERY annoying things. The main problem is the backup camera and navagation system. My backup camera takes for ever to come on. So to me, it is basically useless. I have had it in to VW 4 times and even called VW Headquarters. They replaced the whole navigation unit and the actual camera itself. NO CHANGE. They said that this was just normal for this vehicle. Only excuse they could come up with. Very sad. I feel helpless because i paid a lot for this feature. Now there is a popping sound in the windshield. I will be in for that eventually.

Good Price, beautiful interior, but car has issues.
By world_travel1 on 03/22/14 22:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

First of all the gas and break pedals are freakishly close together - they almost overlap. Second of all, at very low speeds (such as bumper to bumper traffic) the engine feels like it as about to stall as you alternately tap the gas and break (it never does but it shakes a bit). Third the window needs to be slightly open when the door is opened and it is supposed to happen automatically but it often does not (as people getting in to the car just grab the handle and pull before the auto down feature kicks in). Fourth, you can't not hit your head as you get in the car. The window sill is too low. Fifth, you can't tap the horn, it gives a full second of honking even with the lightest tap.

So Under Rated
By carrao33 on 02/28/14 19:58 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We have had our '13 Candy White CC for 5 months and 10,000 miles so far and we absolutely love it! It is our 2nd VW and is our favorite VW model. The 2013 refresh has made the CC much more attractive with dual xenon headlights that move as you turn the steering wheel and the tail lights are gorgeous at night! We have gotten so many compliments and seems as though most people are unfamiliar with the CC and it tends to exceed their expectations. The 2.0T is a peppy motor and with the APR stage 1 ECU tune it is a pretty quick car. Overall this car is a great bargain for all that you get.

Awesome Good
By ussjimmycarter on 08/25/13 04:18 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Just traded a Passat (2006) with the 3.6 L engine for a 2013 4 motion and the same motor. I love the car! It is quiet, comfortable, wicked fun on curves and it is beautiful! The sound system is unbelieveable. Programmable Key Fob, Air Conditioned and heated seats, when you shut the car off or hit open on the key fob all the windows go down about a 1/4 of an inch to make opening and closing doors easier! And boy is it fast! Switch to Sport Mode and manual shift and this bad boy will scream!

Great Car
By redadunes on 07/31/13 16:08 PM (PDT)

I traded my 2011 Jetta SE for this amazing car. I got the sport auto with lighting package in fontana red with the 2 tone interior, it's a beautiful combination. I can't be any happier, this vehicle handles well and drives like a champ. It's comfortable, quite, luxurious and powerful enough if you aren't looking for a speed car. The only thing is that the breaking seems a bit off, somehow I don't feel safe when I brake with this car. I could use a bit more power too. The price was right ($26,700 with a rear spoiler and a dual chrome exhaust tip). SO far I enjoy driving this car and all my friends and family find it to be an excellent car.

Great sports sedan
By pjkroseville on 06/10/13 01:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been a Honda guy since I was 17. I wanted a sedan mated to a 6 speed manual because I enjoy driving and the manual makes the experience much more fun! It is next to impossible to find an Accord with a manual transmission, so...I landed at VW. This is my first dive into a German car and I couldn't be happier with my 6-speed CC Sport. It is smooth, quiet,comfortable, sporty, great looking (many say it looks like a Benz CLS) and fun to drive. I've had it for over 5 months and I still look forward to driving it everyday. I'm in sales and spend a lot of time in my car and it's wonderful to drive. I drive over mountain passes, simply put it in 6th gear and it just goes. Well engineered

vr6 4motion - it's stunning
By slk528 on 05/31/13 16:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I wanted a mid-size awd car that's comfortable, looks great, gets decent mpg's despite Boston traffic and had nice options for a good price. This car has it all. I had a fully loaded 550i (iDrive was about to crap out too) and this car has more options at half the price. It's faster too. Build quality is terrific. I hope it lasts me a long time.

CC burns oil
By oldlawyer on 01/14/13 10:59 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I drive this car in rural and interstate highway conditions. Unlike some, I find it to be very powerful, and I think it handles very well though it is not a racing car. And it also provides excellent fuel economy. I would say that, after 21,000 miles, it has met all of my expectations while leaving me with one major disappointment: The CC burns oil. This is a quote from the owner's manual: "Depending on the way the vehicle is driven and the operating conditions, oil consumption can be up to 1 quart per 1,200 miles (0.5•fiter per 1,000 km). Consumption may be higher for new vehicles during the first 3,000 mile.s (5,000 km)." I think this is absolutely no standard at all.

Great looking German 'coupe' with solid performance
By black07gti on 01/06/13 15:45 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Overall, I am very happy with the CC. It's one of the best looking cars on the road, at least compared to anything under $50K, it has a fantastic looking interior (especially mine, which has the red and black seats), and the VR6 offers strong performance. You do sacrifice a little utility, but the CC is a unique vehicle that stands apart from the sea of Accords, Camrys, etc. It's also one of the few VWs that is actually made in Germany. I'll have to see about long-term reliability though. I would say either buy the Sport or the VR6 Lux. The intermediate 2.0T models simply aren't big enough upgrades to justify the price, while the VR6 adds a lot of important features.

A Week into it, I love my 2013 CC LUX
By lasubeguy on 01/04/13 14:07 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just took delivery of my new 2013 CC LUX in black oak brown with the two-tone tan/black interior and I LOVE this car! It is elegant, sporty, plenty quick enough for me and beautifully designed both inside and out. I still am astonished at how much people have complained about the grille redesign of the CC. It is relatively minor, and the car still reeks of German style and engineering (and, by the way, unlike the Passat and Jetta, is still made in Germany). It has the tight, "hard" Teutonic ride of a German car, but is also comfortable. The electronics, controls in the cabin and knobs and buttons all feel high quality and operate smoothly. The overall feeling of the car is quite Audi-like.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Volkswagen CC Sedan in VA is:

$166 per month*