Simply Outstanding
By johnnyforensic on
2012 Volkswagen CC Lux Limited 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I've owned an Acura TL, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, and more, but the CC has quickly become my favorite of them all. It has more and better tech than the Camry (and that's saying something), it's more fun to drive than the Acura TL, and it has a richer interior than the Jeep Overland. Truly, this is a vehicle that is more than the sum of its individual parts. It's quick, smooth, comfortable, and offers the technical amenities a geek like me prizes. My real world gas mileage on the hybrid was 38.5 MPG, and my CC is routinely hitting 33-36 MPG and does it with a LOT more vigor and style.
Favorite Features
Hands-down, my favorite features are related to the technology. Bluetooth Audio is fantastic, but I never use it because by snapping my iPhone 4 into the iDevice cable, the navigation system has COMPLETE audio control over my iPhone, allowing me to choose artists, albums, podcasts, or playlists right from the navigation screen. When it's a Pandora Radio day, though, Bluetooth Audio works great and the sound is rich and clear. Also, the Bluetooth speaker phone works FANTASTICALLY without echo and is controlled by voice commands, steering controls, or through the Nav system. The CC offers truly excellent integration.
Suggested Improvements
I have little to say in this department, though if I could have a few magic wishes, they would be: 1) change the turbo engine to a supercharged engine. The 2.0T engine is fabulous, quick, and responsive at speed without a doubt, but off the line, the turbo lag is notable. However, once the CC is up and running, power is instant and smoothly delivered. 2) I'd like to have a rear middle-seat option instead of the two buckets and the drink/storage console for the rare occasions when a fifth seat is necessary, but this is a minor detail. Last, I'd move the iPhone cable from the glove box to the center console like it is on the Eos, because reaching across is a bit inconvenient.