Lots of bang for the buck!
By benetodog on
2012 Volkswagen CC Lux Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I test drove Lexus, Infinity, Acura, and Audi. Ended up driving through a VW dealership and was practically forced into test driving a CC. I fell in love...I kept asking the dealer "really? this is a 4 cylinder?" 2 days later I leased my first VW. So far I am liking it (not loving it) I find the thigh bolsters to be a little to firm, and the steering wheel is a little to far from me. It has plenty of power (I drive with a heavy foot). Handling is a little lofty, but maybe I just need more time getting used to it's manners. Silver paint job is a little sloppy, looks like the robot fell asleep in a couple of spots. All in all, this car is a lot of bang for the buck.
Favorite Features
Nice big sunroof, but sadly it doesn't open. This is my first car since I was 16 (48 now) that didn't have a sunroof that opened. I miss my sunroof!! Great entertainment system, it really entertains me on my 20 mile commute. Interior is handsome, very upscale. Tons of interior storage, I love the baby glove box to left of the steering column.
Suggested Improvements
Dual exhaust would be nice. I would have opted for real leather if it where available on the 2.0. (I am getting used to the smell of VW's leatherette) Sliding sunroof would be great, even if only opened half way, or slid over the roof. Could use tighter suspension. I would have liked the capability of shutting the windows with the key fob. Maybe in the future VW will add a smart key.
By benetodog
on 01/13/13 13:02 PM (PST)

I have had my 2012 CC for a year now, and I still like it. (Still don't love it) The seats stain very easily and there no chemical (that I can find) that will clean them. I MISS a sunroof that opens. I was encouraged by my VW dealer to trade my lease in for a 2013 cc. But VW has dropped the Lux Plus from it's line up. So it is a no go. I would be trading down. Or have to lease the V6 to keep a lot of the features tha are in my 2012 Lux Plus. Maybe 2014 will bring back the Lux Plus 4 banger.