I miss my Jetta
By arklo on
2012 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
The CC is a beautiful car, undoubtedly. It's likely the fast pedal and sleek exterior kept me from noticing the incredibly rough ride I have been experiencing since taking my car home 2 months ago. I cringe when I pass over a manhole cover in the city, or god forbid a pothole, OUCH! The car gets decent gas mileage, the interior is impressive and the standard wheels are just so attractive, I just wish they would have nailed down a quieter, smoother ride for city driving. The acceleration takes some getting used to, it doesnt just spring out of the gate- you have to learn to apply the right pressure so you don't jerk your passengers while trying to get to 45 MPH quickly (say, for merging)
Favorite Features
The design of the car makes any owner look like a boss. Volkswagens are incredibly reliable cars!
Suggested Improvements
Smoother ride, better suspension. Adding a full sunroof, not just a slight tilt on the "higher end" cc's. There are so many models, it would be great to get 3 base models with more extras to choose from. A 34,000 CC doesn't have GPS- seems a bit lame for the price. Low clearance as well, I am not enjoying the serious scrape when I pull out of anyones driveway. Overall, maybe the model is still rushed. I miss my Jetta, where I could just drive and go.. and not have to worry about loud noises, thuds or shaking my passengers with an unavoidable pothole.
By ron1945
on 09/18/11 01:16 AM (PDT)

The ride is only harsh for about 1500-2000 miles, then the shocks smooth out. Most good shock absorbers are like that when they're new. I have a Lux Plus.