2012 Volkswagen CC Consumer Review: Good car but only fail quality

2012 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Review

2012 Volkswagen CC

Sport Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Good car but only fail quality
By mikes15 on

2012 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I like the car’s slick exterior design--It looks very cool. The interior is nice too as long as you don’t need to seat 5 people. It’s a coupe so the back seats are a bit tight. It’s a great car for someone who needs a backseat and 4 doors but won’t use t often.

I’m not sure about the reliability. Within the first few hundred miles the engine started to knock. Also, a screw fell out on the door after I hit a speed bump. I’m leasing and have all service covered so I’m not too worried about it, but beware. more...

The cockpit is very cool and I love the touch screen command center with GPS, etc. However, there is a delay from the time you touch the screen to the time it recognizes it. A bit frustrating when you are plugging in addresses, etc. The computer also takes too long to boot. The rear backup camera is displayed on the cockpit screen. Often, I get in the car, start it, back up, and I’m moving forward by the time the system boots and the rear view camera activates. more...

The features are only okay. The Bluetooth mic quality is poor, there is no sound meter when backing up, the music does not go down when a call comes in, no programmable seats, the sunroof does not open all of the way, poor distance

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By reverseswing
on 12/07/11 09:40 AM (PST)

I have the 2012 CC as well but I have not seen any issues with 1000 miles per month driving. In fact, even things such as mic quality and the music issue have not been seen and we use the bluetooth heavily for both calls and music. If its a lease, can't they fix all of this for you?

By jonjrob
on 12/29/11 19:23 PM (PST)

I as well have the 2012 CC and the call quality with Bluetooth couldn't be any better or more reliable. I use it heavily for work (Sales) and have been really happy with it so far. As for the "backseat being tight" comment...that's the point of the car. It clearly states that this is purposeful in the design of this car. Did you not test drive before taking this car home? Maybe you should have purchased a Passat. I have had absolutely no issues with this car and can't wait to keep driving it.

By jonjrob
on 12/29/11 19:24 PM (PST)

By the way...the music pauses when an incoming call comes in...so that is a confusing comment as well.