First week ownership impressions
By vegasjon on
2012 Volkswagen CC Lux Plus PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I traded my 2009 GTI for the 2012 CC Lux Plus PZEV last week. Initial impressions are pretty good. This is the same engine at the GTI- 2.0T. Interior is very nicely apointed with wood trim and leatherette (I assume this is faux leather?) but quality is fairly high. NAV and electronics are easy to use with the steering wheel controls or console. iPod hookup in the glovebox is nice, and the Bluetooth functionality allows for streaming music from a device - nice if you use Pandora or anything else on your handheld device. Suspension is tight, and with the long wheelbase makes for a decent ride. The exterior design is outstanding- I got the Black paint and it looks classy with the chrome trim.
Favorite Features
Suspension is tight and responsive- Typical of VW engineering. Exterior styling is awesome- The black paint with chrome accents looks very classy! plenty of trunk space despite what the other reviews may say. Similar in size to a BMW 5-series and almost as well appointed.
Suggested Improvements
Although the engine is the same as was in my 2009 GTI, the CC really needs the V-6 as standard- The 4 cylinder has little low-end torque on this model, unless you're in sport or manual mode. Off the line at a stop light you really have to get on it just to get it moving. The vehicle will feel sluggish initially until you get up to speed and it feels normal. On the highway its just fine. I may just be used to the GTI or my 3-series I had before, but really miss the power at low speeds.
By bonedatt
on 11/14/11 07:07 AM (PST)

Okay so I am not crazy. I thought I was the only one who noticed the sluggish start when you come to a complete stop. I've had my 2012 CC 'LUX Plus' since February of 2011 and that sluggishness still irks me. I pretty much drive in manual mode just to avoid the sluggishness.