2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
Sure don't miss my Jetta!!!
By txst on 09/03/11 22:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Fantastic car!!! I have owned a Jetta TDI (great car) and a Passat (very good car). But in no way do I miss either one of them! The VW CC is so much better than the Jetta or Passat that I barely remember owning them (even though they were solid vehicles). The ride in the CC is super quiet and incredibly smooth. The car is a little low to the ground but that is what makes it look so sleek and gorgeous (neither the Jetta nor the Passat look gorgeous). The VW CC is easily the best car on the road for under 30K!

I miss my Jetta
By arklo on 09/01/11 19:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The CC is a beautiful car, undoubtedly. It's likely the fast pedal and sleek exterior kept me from noticing the incredibly rough ride I have been experiencing since taking my car home 2 months ago. I cringe when I pass over a manhole cover in the city, or god forbid a pothole, OUCH! The car gets decent gas mileage, the interior is impressive and the standard wheels are just so attractive, I just wish they would have nailed down a quieter, smoother ride for city driving. The acceleration takes some getting used to, it doesnt just spring out of the gate- you have to learn to apply the right pressure so you don't jerk your passengers while trying to get to 45 MPH quickly (say, for merging)

First week ownership impressions
By vegasjon on 08/26/11 09:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Plus PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I traded my 2009 GTI for the 2012 CC Lux Plus PZEV last week. Initial impressions are pretty good. This is the same engine at the GTI- 2.0T. Interior is very nicely apointed with wood trim and leatherette (I assume this is faux leather?) but quality is fairly high. NAV and electronics are easy to use with the steering wheel controls or console. iPod hookup in the glovebox is nice, and the Bluetooth functionality allows for streaming music from a device - nice if you use Pandora or anything else on your handheld device. Suspension is tight, and with the long wheelbase makes for a decent ride. The exterior design is outstanding- I got the Black paint and it looks classy with the chrome trim.

Wow...On a Whim!
By littleman01 on 07/20/11 13:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car on a whim. My wife had just bought a Routan, and on a whim I asked about the CC. Four days later I was driving unsurpassed and unmatched luxury at 30K. Unmatched 2.0T. Unmatched Interior Styling (better than C Class, TL, and Lexus). Unmatched Gas Mileage. Best of all, unmatched rubbernecking as I drive by. Volkswagen definitely hit the nail on the head with the 2012 CC. I can't help but wonder why you would buy anything else. To tell you the truth, I love parking next to "luxury" cars and peeking inside to see what I am NOT missing. I figure it gives them a chance to see what they ARE missing.

Great car alternative to many higher-priced luxury vehicles!
By spindrmario on 07/14/11 09:12 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Plus 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I had been looking for a while and was in the market for an Audi A4, a number of BMW's, Infiniti and Lexus vehicles. I test drove this on a whim (the 2011 Sports model actually) and fell in love. I couldn't believe how nicely styled the car is and how much fun it was to drive. Two weeks later I went out and leased a 2012 Lux model, which added a bigger GPS screen, a harddrive for MP3s and a tilt-only panoramic sunroof. I drive quite aggressively and regularly get nearly 30 MPG. The car is unique and I receive many compliments on it from strangers and have seen only a handful on the road so far. It drives, feels and sounds like a much more expensive car and I wholly recommend the CC.

Simply Outstanding
By johnnyforensic on 07/09/11 08:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Limited 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've owned an Acura TL, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, and more, but the CC has quickly become my favorite of them all. It has more and better tech than the Camry (and that's saying something), it's more fun to drive than the Acura TL, and it has a richer interior than the Jeep Overland. Truly, this is a vehicle that is more than the sum of its individual parts. It's quick, smooth, comfortable, and offers the technical amenities a geek like me prizes. My real world gas mileage on the hybrid was 38.5 MPG, and my CC is routinely hitting 33-36 MPG and does it with a LOT more vigor and style.

Car feels more expensive than it is
By whofan67 on 07/02/11 16:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan R-Line PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I love looking at, sitting in and driving this car. VW did this one right. I was looking at a Sonata, Lexus IS250, Infinity G35 and Buick Regal and none gave me as much car for the money as the CC. There simply is no finer car for me in the low 30K range.

Perfection Achieved
By vision3 on 06/26/11 18:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My first Volkswagen ever; which now has 2,600 miles on it. I have owned a 1992 Corvette LT1 6 speed convertible, 2003 Acura TL, and 2010 Nissan Maxima, and this is by far the best of all. It's sleek, elegant yet sporty, solid aerodynamic body is truly a work of art. Interior is just as stylish and nicely crafted as exterior. The 4 cyl turbo coupled with DSG auto. trans. provides plenty of power / torque with real sports car shifting ability. This is truly a "4 door sports car". The handling and solid feel at any speed, blows away my prev. new 2010 Maxima. The ride is tight, firm, but soaks up bumps and very comfortable. Trunk is surprisingly deep & spacious. No negatives. Simply the best!!!

Honda to VW-CC and no regrets
By jackinfl1 on 06/23/11 20:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Just purchased this 2012 VW-CC Sport after trading in my Honda Accord 08'. No regrets so far. I love the CC, it drives and handles so incredibly. I really liked the reliability of the Honda, but it just didn't drive like this vehicle. The VW a classy looking vehicle for the price range, but it is a blast to drive! I'm about 6'4" and there is plenty of leg room. Interior is sleek and well designed. Was totally amazed at the power of the 4 cyl engine, the turbo makes it seem like an V6 ! Braking is smooth and even and when you drive it, it feels like a great fitting suit. I owned a Jetta in the mid - 90's and after an Altima and then a Honda, time to give VW another try. Glad I did!

Owned SAAB Turbos - CC Much Much Better
By chowchow on 06/12/11 06:17 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Having drivern Mercedes and Audis, the CC compares very favorably to both in terms of ride, handling performance and interior features but it tops both in terms of uniqueness and looks and affordability/value. If you are in the market for a Audi A 4 or a Merceders Benz C Class - and you do not care about the emblem on your ride - this car blends looks, ride, comfort and performance. The 2.0 turbo coupled with the DSG auto is far better than any SAAB turbo - I owned a 99 SAAB 9-5 2.3 LPT and a 99 SAAB 9.3 2.0 and while the 9-3 was fun to drive - it rode like a pick-up truck and offered few lux amentiies and while the 9-5 offered a refined ride and lux amenities, it was not much fun.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan in NJ is:

$266 per month*