Used 2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

2 years on and still loving the car
By chowchow

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have driven Infinitis, BMWs, SAABs, Jaguars and Audis over the years and the VW CC really has a nice blend of great qualities from the stylish sheet metal of the Jag to the killer interior and sound system of the Audi, to the fun to drive quotient of the SAAB with their turbo engines to the teutonic road manners of a BMW with the value of the Infiniti. I recently replace the OEM Continentals with Michelin Ultra High Performance Pilot Sport AS-3 tires and they literally transform the car's handling to a level on a par with most sports sedan costing $10K more. I realize how goof the CC is whenever I have to drive something else as a rental or loaner.

18 inch 5 spoke rims shod with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 ultra high performance all seasons tires. The high definition radio and sound system. The fog lights and turn illumination. The seat comfort and the DSG-Turbo acceleration which is in the low 6 seconds regardless of reviews that must have used drive rather than sport on the DSG to measure 0 to 60. The dealership is pretty good as well.

Get rid of the front end on the 2013 - it is an aesthetic design faus pax that just send CCs buyers to the Audi dealership - there is no reason to make cars ugly. I think the new beetle turbo was a step forward and the redesign of the CC in 2013 was a step backward. Styling matters. Ask Jaguar and Mercedes owners.

Head turner!
By scott813

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Limited 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

2 years and 36,000 miles and it is still fun to drive. This car has spunk and handles well. Have had many comments on the look of the vehicle as it was not readily seen on the streets at first but I am starting to see more and more. Went with black on black and have enjoyed the driving experience.

Gas mileage, averaging 25 combined. Back up camera, (a little slow to respond when first starting up the car). Heated seats, excellent sound system and touch screen. 2.0 turbo, very quick. Interior lighting, very sleek. 18" wheels and rims. Overall VW has hit the mark with this vehicle. Many features of a much more expensive luxury car at half the price.

Bigger trunk space, hard to fit golf clubs in. Have had few issues, leak in front windshield, crack in the back spoiler and also a faulty sun roof motor, however the dealership has been wonderful to work with and have always provided a loaner and quickly resolve the issue. I like the 2013 front and rear lights better, as it gives the car an even sleeker look. Would like to swap out but have been advised they won't fit.

Almost 2 years now!`
By vegasjon

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Plus PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I wrote an earlier review when I first got my CC in Aug 2011- Now its Almost May 2013 and this car has been phenomenal. I had 2 BMW's prior to this vehicle and I was at first skeptical since I an a huge BMW fan, but the CC has surprised me! I have not had one issue with it, and I get a lot of questions about it- "What car is that?" "Is that a Mercedes?" I get around 31 hwy and 26 city, so the MPG is not too bad. The 2.0 turbo is pretty quick and I tend to drive on the performance side of things, so the CC has met my expectations! Its the black model and it just looks sharp!

Interior design, nav/sound system, turbo engine.

I would personally want an I-6 version, or maybe a beefier 2.5 turbo model..

Very Happy With Our 2012 VW CC
By rjm2013

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We have been driving the CC for 5 months now and we love it! Cruises wonderfully and gives us just enough get up and go around the city to keep things interesting. Gas mileage is great, better than advertised. The 2.0 Turbo is a great engine that seems to perform better than the specs. The styling and quality, inside and out is classy lux for a price much less than similar lux vehicles. I definately like that we have yet to see another CC on the hwy. A truely beautiful car that performs admirably in its class.

Interior quality and looks. Love the two tone uphostery. The auto dual clutch tranny, it's a real winner with a sport mode that brings it up another notch!

Real sunroof that opens up completely.

CC burns oil
By oldlawyer

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 13 months and was enjoying its ride comfort, power and fuel economy when I discovered that it was burning oil at about 15,000 miles. I complained and VW tested it then confirmed that it is burning 0.29 quarts every 1000 miles which translates to 2.9 quarts between recommended change intervals. VW says that is okay, but automotive engineers state that it is evidence of an engine defect. The car is a marvel in many ways, but watch out for the oil burning: VW does not disclose this to buyers until after they have bought the car which I think is a bit sleazy.

Power Fuel economy Ridge comfort

Fix the 2.0T engine so that it does not burn its own lubricating oil between changes.