2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
Awesome value, stylish sport
By enrikk on 02/11/12 17:36 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

As others have said here, both the interior and exterior are of luxury-line quality, and the 4-cylinder performance is a dream. Cornering ability is outstanding, and the ride is very smooth. A definite bonus, also, is that the CC model is a rare gem on the road (almost makes me want to give the CC a bad review so it stays that way). Professional reviews are a little misleading - they widely pan the 6-cylinder model and complain that there's little room in the back. Just get the 4-cylinder and don't shop for coupes when you really need a minivan (duh?).

good value
By bquinn2715 on 02/02/12 13:57 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased on 1/16/2012 and have yet to stop at the gas station to fill up....that includes driving to work on daily basis (10 mi.) and doing light errands most evenings. The 2.0 turbo is plenty of power for this car. I had an 08 Jetta W-burg with same engine so I know it's strengths. The car feels solid, comfortable, and I think it rivals the Infiniti G series, Acura TSX and other entry level Lux cars. The CC is essentially a Lux car without the typical Lux Badge like Audi or BMW. I think this car could probably sell for 3-4k more and still be a fair deal.

2012 VW CC SPORT with DSG
By ccelia2012 on 01/25/12 15:39 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Over-all I love this car. However the experience of driving it is one in which you are aware of everything the car is doing. Personally I believe good engineering means the car should feel natural and respond to your inputs the way you intend. This car definitely does NOT deliver in this respect. On the highway is where this car shines as a comfortable grand touring sedan..uh..coupe. In the city it is almost the opposite.

I love it!!
By visinew on 01/12/12 21:46 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Plus PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I really wonder how smooth feel when driving. I had Infiniti and really happy to change it.

Sexy, Sporty, Upscale & Affordable, A Home Run!
By starman11746 on 01/09/12 15:28 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Owned a 2009 Jetta & a 2000 Passat. Loved the Passat liked the Jetta. This 2012 CC is in a league of its own. The special lease program with the sign & drive $0 across the board sucked me in. Then there were additional incentives. I took it home for test drive, impressed with the turbo 4 banger, smooth. responsive, quiet. The interior is real sweet...two tone bucket seats, analog clock, heated seats,6 cd changer,+ more. Elegant and impressive. This is the entry model! VW has a hit...why no visual advertising? It's certainly a lot for the money & not a niche car.

Rarely Seen
By jamarvcel on 12/16/11 17:37 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my 2012 cc r line about a week ago. I had already bought the 2012 jetta tdi for my wife and then I fell love with the r line. I love the kit on the r line and 18" alloys, and I love the fact that its a RARELY seen car. It's a affordable and luxurious car, and very sporty. Alot for the american dollar. It rides really smooth and is a eye catcher. It has a desent acceleration for a 2.0t. Overall I am very satisfied and the tdi is nice too. I'd recommend this car to anyone and to be honest I am a very picky person but I have only good things to say about this car.

perfect so far
By reverseswing on 12/07/11 09:44 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Absolutely love this car. I had a 2008 Passat that I returned (lease) and purchased a 2012 CC. It really does feel expensive than it is and the build quality seems to be outstanding so far.

Good car but only fail quality
By mikes15 on 11/13/11 10:10 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I like the carís slick exterior design--It looks very cool. The interior is nice too as long as you donít need to seat 5 people. Itís a coupe so the back seats are a bit tight. Itís a great car for someone who needs a backseat and 4 doors but wonít use t often. Iím not sure about the reliability. Within the first few hundred miles the engine started to knock. Also, a screw fell out on the door after I hit a speed bump. Iím leasing and have all service covered so Iím not too worried about it, but beware. more...

2012 VW CC Sport 6AM
By rjohn7 on 11/06/11 10:34 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car 2 months ago and have just under 2000 miles on it. I was also considering the Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata. I do like not seeing many other CCs on the road as I do the Sonata. I have been very pleased with the car so far. I am 6'2" and have 2" of headroom with the seating position I have set. The seats are very comfortable and I think the rear seating is more than adequate, even for 6'ers. Since the CC has a lower ground clearance, it is tougher getting into and out of the car. I have been getting 22.5 -23.0 MPG in suburban driving using a light foot. I am very happy with accel, handling, and braking and do not experience the long brake travel I have read about.

2012 Lux Plus
By ron1945 on 09/18/11 01:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Plus 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Don't pay attention to the reviews claiming a hard ride. The shocks smooth out around 1500 miles in this car and it's smoother than the BMW 550 and Infinity M. Friends have both and I've been in them on the same bad roads. I have 6000 miles now and it keeps getting smoother. I've experienced that in other good cars too. Very good build quality. The seats are very comfortable and adjustable. Power is adequate, gas mileage averages 27 mpg with half on the freeway. The 19" wheels and tires improve handling and steering and are worth the extra money in my opinion. You'll be happy with this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*