Used 2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Most Helpful|
Stylish car, fun to drive, with solid performance
By baldytr

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Let me start by saying I have owned numerous cars; Accord, 2 Sonatas, Tiburon, Corolla, Tercel, Civic, numerous other non desirable cars, and even a VW Scirocco back in the 80's. I would not consider myself a car enthusiast, but rather an average consumer who looks for comfort, style, fuel efficiency, all at a reasonable price. I bought a 2012 Certified Pre-Owned VW CC with 26,000+ miles. I have owned the car for a month and to this point love it! IT is the nicest ride I have ever owned. If you are looking for a distinctive stylish look, this car may be for you. It beats the other more common vehicles around like the Camry, Accord, and Sonata. Very well built car and you can feel it!

Favorite Features

Pros- smooth quiet ride, nice handling, really nice simple but elegant interior, stylish exterior, good gas mileage (averaging 27-28-city/hwy mix), and unlike other reviews I have read- comfortable seating. "Leatherette" feels great! Solid feel to the car. You can definitely feel the quality German engineering at a fraction of the cost of higher end German cars. I have not had the car long enough to judge on reliability, but so far so good!

Suggested Improvements

Cons- Small rear window, small side mirrors. I don't see any other negatives, so far.

2012 VW CC - Disappointed
By g_rapp

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased my CC pre-owned certified with 22k miles from dealer. Brakes failed while driving (bad vacuum booster) after one month. Avoided accident and Corporate said they could not offer any compensation because i did not get into an accident. Three more warrantee-related issues in next four months. Now arguing with corp and dealer to sell back the car, and they insist on only offering trade in value so they can resell at a profit. Although it does not qualify for the lemon law, this car is a true lemon. I have driven most VW models as loaners while CC is in the shop, and one of those broke down while in my possession. So much for German Engineering. Back to Mazda i go.

Favorite Features

two tone interior decent ride

Suggested Improvements

horrible reliability turbo undersized door lock immediately after shutting, very annoying. bluetooth cuts off other functions - every time i get an email gps activates, the radio cuts out and i have to manually push the selection to get it back. my 2008 mazda cx9 has much better bluetooth technology. (music fades out during a message, then fades back in). $100 oil changes

2 years on and still loving the car
By chowchow

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have driven Infinitis, BMWs, SAABs, Jaguars and Audis over the years and the VW CC really has a nice blend of great qualities from the stylish sheet metal of the Jag to the killer interior and sound system of the Audi, to the fun to drive quotient of the SAAB with their turbo engines to the teutonic road manners of a BMW with the value of the Infiniti. I recently replace the OEM Continentals with Michelin Ultra High Performance Pilot Sport AS-3 tires and they literally transform the car's handling to a level on a par with most sports sedan costing $10K more. I realize how goof the CC is whenever I have to drive something else as a rental or loaner.

Favorite Features

18 inch 5 spoke rims shod with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 ultra high performance all seasons tires. The high definition radio and sound system. The fog lights and turn illumination. The seat comfort and the DSG-Turbo acceleration which is in the low 6 seconds regardless of reviews that must have used drive rather than sport on the DSG to measure 0 to 60. The dealership is pretty good as well.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the front end on the 2013 - it is an aesthetic design faus pax that just send CCs buyers to the Audi dealership - there is no reason to make cars ugly. I think the new beetle turbo was a step forward and the redesign of the CC in 2013 was a step backward. Styling matters. Ask Jaguar and Mercedes owners.

Almost 2 years now!`
By vegasjon

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Plus PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I wrote an earlier review when I first got my CC in Aug 2011- Now its Almost May 2013 and this car has been phenomenal. I had 2 BMW's prior to this vehicle and I was at first skeptical since I an a huge BMW fan, but the CC has surprised me! I have not had one issue with it, and I get a lot of questions about it- "What car is that?" "Is that a Mercedes?" I get around 31 hwy and 26 city, so the MPG is not too bad. The 2.0 turbo is pretty quick and I tend to drive on the performance side of things, so the CC has met my expectations! Its the black model and it just looks sharp!

Favorite Features

Interior design, nav/sound system, turbo engine.

Suggested Improvements

I would personally want an I-6 version, or maybe a beefier 2.5 turbo model..

Lots of bang for the buck!
By benetodog

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I test drove Lexus, Infinity, Acura, and Audi. Ended up driving through a VW dealership and was practically forced into test driving a CC. I fell in love...I kept asking the dealer "really? this is a 4 cylinder?" 2 days later I leased my first VW. So far I am liking it (not loving it) I find the thigh bolsters to be a little to firm, and the steering wheel is a little to far from me. It has plenty of power (I drive with a heavy foot). Handling is a little lofty, but maybe I just need more time getting used to it's manners. Silver paint job is a little sloppy, looks like the robot fell asleep in a couple of spots. All in all, this car is a lot of bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

Nice big sunroof, but sadly it doesn't open. This is my first car since I was 16 (48 now) that didn't have a sunroof that opened. I miss my sunroof!! Great entertainment system, it really entertains me on my 20 mile commute. Interior is handsome, very upscale. Tons of interior storage, I love the baby glove box to left of the steering column.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust would be nice. I would have opted for real leather if it where available on the 2.0. (I am getting used to the smell of VW's leatherette) Sliding sunroof would be great, even if only opened half way, or slid over the roof. Could use tighter suspension. I would have liked the capability of shutting the windows with the key fob. Maybe in the future VW will add a smart key.