2012 Volkswagen CC Lux Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2012 CC Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Sort Reviews by

Nearly 80k miles, and a new issue everyday.
By wscott1

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the car about 2 years ago as a commuter vehicle, and after putting over 50k miles on this car, I can confidently say this is one of the worst cars I've ever owned. The speedometer is 5 mph off (something VW told me was acceptable in their vehicles), the trunk opens when putting the car into gear unless you lock the doors before hand, the car idles incredibly rough when first started, the small engine paired with a turbo makes pulling out into any sort of traffic a game of roulette (due to the lag before the engine responds to the gas pedal), and the air conditioner sensors have gone out twice. The list continues, but the point is this is my first and last VW.

Favorite Features

The car looks great inside and out. Once you get the car up to speed it handles great at high speeds and around tight curves. However, in stop and go traffic this car is a nightmare.

Suggested Improvements

I typically put at least 220k-260k on vehicles before selling them off. I honestly don't think this car will make it past 150k. When looking at cars two years ago I went with the CC because of the good gas mileage, interior/exterior styling, and price. After owning two BMWs in the past I assumed the build quality would be similar (with slightly cheaper maintenance bills); however I've had nothing but issues. Honestly, how can a car's speedometer be 5 mph off and it be considered acceptable? I'll be getting rid of this car as soon as possible. Hopefully if you decide to purchase a CC you won't have any of these issues; but out of every car I've ever owned (20+), this has been the worst.

Very Happy With Our 2012 VW CC
By rjm2013

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We have been driving the CC for 5 months now and we love it! Cruises wonderfully and gives us just enough get up and go around the city to keep things interesting. Gas mileage is great, better than advertised. The 2.0 Turbo is a great engine that seems to perform better than the specs. The styling and quality, inside and out is classy lux for a price much less than similar lux vehicles. I definately like that we have yet to see another CC on the hwy. A truely beautiful car that performs admirably in its class.

Favorite Features

Interior quality and looks. Love the two tone uphostery. The auto dual clutch tranny, it's a real winner with a sport mode that brings it up another notch!

Suggested Improvements

Real sunroof that opens up completely.

my dealer called me
By ynotryme

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

and told me that he could put me in a 2012 CC Lux for 50 dollars less than I was paying on my 2008 Passat Lux. Both cars are wonderful but the touchscreen stereo not only sounds better with better bass but it has a port for a sd card. the sd card I use is 32gb thats holds over 2200 songs 800 cds. needless to say I no longer have need for SiriusXm or cds. It also has Hd radio and bluetooth for hands free use of your phone. plus it has 3 year free maintenance.

Favorite Features

the touchscreen

Suggested Improvements

ventilated seats. The door pockets are very narrow, can't fit a soda can in them. ring back the umbrella slot in the door.