Used 2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Good coupe with 56k
By Luis

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Stylish good gas mileage. .however make sure if you buy one comes with full service records very important the way the cc is maintained exp trans fluid change service at 30k $600 bucks regular oil changes at 6k dont wait for the 20k please. ....and you will have a great CC enjoy.. got mine with 20k now i have 56k no issues. .did have the ac control replaced under Warranty. ..

Nearly 80k miles, and a new issue everyday.
By wscott1

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the car about 2 years ago as a commuter vehicle, and after putting over 50k miles on this car, I can confidently say this is one of the worst cars I've ever owned. The speedometer is 5 mph off (something VW told me was acceptable in their vehicles), the trunk opens when putting the car into gear unless you lock the doors before hand, the car idles incredibly rough when first started, the small engine paired with a turbo makes pulling out into any sort of traffic a game of roulette (due to the lag before the engine responds to the gas pedal), and the air conditioner sensors have gone out twice. The list continues, but the point is this is my first and last VW.

The car looks great inside and out. Once you get the car up to speed it handles great at high speeds and around tight curves. However, in stop and go traffic this car is a nightmare.

I typically put at least 220k-260k on vehicles before selling them off. I honestly don't think this car will make it past 150k. When looking at cars two years ago I went with the CC because of the good gas mileage, interior/exterior styling, and price. After owning two BMWs in the past I assumed the build quality would be similar (with slightly cheaper maintenance bills); however I've had nothing but issues. Honestly, how can a car's speedometer be 5 mph off and it be considered acceptable? I'll be getting rid of this car as soon as possible. Hopefully if you decide to purchase a CC you won't have any of these issues; but out of every car I've ever owned (20+), this has been the worst.

2012 VW CC - Disappointed
By g_rapp

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased my CC pre-owned certified with 22k miles from dealer. Brakes failed while driving (bad vacuum booster) after one month. Avoided accident and Corporate said they could not offer any compensation because i did not get into an accident. Three more warrantee-related issues in next four months. Now arguing with corp and dealer to sell back the car, and they insist on only offering trade in value so they can resell at a profit. Although it does not qualify for the lemon law, this car is a true lemon. I have driven most VW models as loaners while CC is in the shop, and one of those broke down while in my possession. So much for German Engineering. Back to Mazda i go.

two tone interior decent ride

horrible reliability turbo undersized door lock immediately after shutting, very annoying. bluetooth cuts off other functions - every time i get an email gps activates, the radio cuts out and i have to manually push the selection to get it back. my 2008 mazda cx9 has much better bluetooth technology. (music fades out during a message, then fades back in). $100 oil changes

Stylish car, fun to drive, with solid performance
By baldytr

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Let me start by saying I have owned numerous cars; Accord, 2 Sonatas, Tiburon, Corolla, Tercel, Civic, numerous other non desirable cars, and even a VW Scirocco back in the 80's. I would not consider myself a car enthusiast, but rather an average consumer who looks for comfort, style, fuel efficiency, all at a reasonable price. I bought a 2012 Certified Pre-Owned VW CC with 26,000+ miles. I have owned the car for a month and to this point love it! IT is the nicest ride I have ever owned. If you are looking for a distinctive stylish look, this car may be for you. It beats the other more common vehicles around like the Camry, Accord, and Sonata. Very well built car and you can feel it!

Pros- smooth quiet ride, nice handling, really nice simple but elegant interior, stylish exterior, good gas mileage (averaging 27-28-city/hwy mix), and unlike other reviews I have read- comfortable seating. "Leatherette" feels great! Solid feel to the car. You can definitely feel the quality German engineering at a fraction of the cost of higher end German cars. I have not had the car long enough to judge on reliability, but so far so good!

Cons- Small rear window, small side mirrors. I don't see any other negatives, so far.

2012 CC
By jt1973

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan R-Line PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

2012 CC is not bad but not all about the hype. The tubo is too small for the weight of the car, however the engine combo does produce good gas mileage. spacious and road compliant. stock tires are junk. The drivers seat is not somfortable to me at all. it lacks lower stability. Around an hour and I want out of it but I can race my bike for hours. Smooth road feel solid handling. Here's how bad it hurts. only 20K on a 2012 that had around 7K on it when I bought it. I'd rather drive my 94 Civic Replaced junk Airfilter with full K&N intake increased MPG and power band.

Turn lights sound system/display style not seen everyday don't I have a favorite I like it but not in love with it.

Turbo/tuning tires seat comfort If it's a sport put a sport air system in it.