2012 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
Stylish car, fun to drive, with solid performance
By baldytr on 03/27/14 11:11 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Let me start by saying I have owned numerous cars; Accord, 2 Sonatas, Tiburon, Corolla, Tercel, Civic, numerous other non desirable cars, and even a VW Scirocco back in the 80's. I would not consider myself a car enthusiast, but rather an average consumer who looks for comfort, style, fuel efficiency, all at a reasonable price. I bought a 2012 Certified Pre-Owned VW CC with 26,000+ miles. I have owned the car for a month and to this point love it! IT is the nicest ride I have ever owned. If you are looking for a distinctive stylish look, this car may be for you. It beats the other more common vehicles around like the Camry, Accord, and Sonata. Very well built car and you can feel it!

2012 CC
By jt1973 on 11/28/13 05:06 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC R-Line PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

2012 CC is not bad but not all about the hype. The tubo is too small for the weight of the car, however the engine combo does produce good gas mileage. spacious and road compliant. stock tires are junk. The drivers seat is not somfortable to me at all. it lacks lower stability. Around an hour and I want out of it but I can race my bike for hours. Smooth road feel solid handling. Here's how bad it hurts. only 20K on a 2012 that had around 7K on it when I bought it. I'd rather drive my 94 Civic Replaced junk Airfilter with full K&N intake increased MPG and power band.

2 years on and still loving the car
By chowchow on 09/20/13 19:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have driven Infinitis, BMWs, SAABs, Jaguars and Audis over the years and the VW CC really has a nice blend of great qualities from the stylish sheet metal of the Jag to the killer interior and sound system of the Audi, to the fun to drive quotient of the SAAB with their turbo engines to the teutonic road manners of a BMW with the value of the Infiniti. I recently replace the OEM Continentals with Michelin Ultra High Performance Pilot Sport AS-3 tires and they literally transform the car's handling to a level on a par with most sports sedan costing $10K more. I realize how goof the CC is whenever I have to drive something else as a rental or loaner.

Head turner!
By scott813 on 05/01/13 09:13 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Lux Limited 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

2 years and 36,000 miles and it is still fun to drive. This car has spunk and handles well. Have had many comments on the look of the vehicle as it was not readily seen on the streets at first but I am starting to see more and more. Went with black on black and have enjoyed the driving experience.

Almost 2 years now!`
By vegasjon on 04/26/13 18:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Lux Plus PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I wrote an earlier review when I first got my CC in Aug 2011- Now its Almost May 2013 and this car has been phenomenal. I had 2 BMW's prior to this vehicle and I was at first skeptical since I an a huge BMW fan, but the CC has surprised me! I have not had one issue with it, and I get a lot of questions about it- "What car is that?" "Is that a Mercedes?" I get around 31 hwy and 26 city, so the MPG is not too bad. The 2.0 turbo is pretty quick and I tend to drive on the performance side of things, so the CC has met my expectations! Its the black model and it just looks sharp!

Very Happy With Our 2012 VW CC
By rjm2013 on 10/24/12 11:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We have been driving the CC for 5 months now and we love it! Cruises wonderfully and gives us just enough get up and go around the city to keep things interesting. Gas mileage is great, better than advertised. The 2.0 Turbo is a great engine that seems to perform better than the specs. The styling and quality, inside and out is classy lux for a price much less than similar lux vehicles. I definately like that we have yet to see another CC on the hwy. A truely beautiful car that performs admirably in its class.

CC burns oil
By oldlawyer on 09/19/12 09:00 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 13 months and was enjoying its ride comfort, power and fuel economy when I discovered that it was burning oil at about 15,000 miles. I complained and VW tested it then confirmed that it is burning 0.29 quarts every 1000 miles which translates to 2.9 quarts between recommended change intervals. VW says that is okay, but automotive engineers state that it is evidence of an engine defect. The car is a marvel in many ways, but watch out for the oil burning: VW does not disclose this to buyers until after they have bought the car which I think is a bit sleazy.

my dealer called me
By ynotryme on 03/07/12 23:28 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

and told me that he could put me in a 2012 CC Lux for 50 dollars less than I was paying on my 2008 Passat Lux. Both cars are wonderful but the touchscreen stereo not only sounds better with better bass but it has a port for a sd card. the sd card I use is 32gb thats holds over 2200 songs 800 cds. needless to say I no longer have need for SiriusXm or cds. It also has Hd radio and bluetooth for hands free use of your phone. plus it has 3 year free maintenance.

Lots of bang for the buck!
By benetodog on 02/18/12 03:40 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Lux Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I test drove Lexus, Infinity, Acura, and Audi. Ended up driving through a VW dealership and was practically forced into test driving a CC. I fell in love...I kept asking the dealer "really? this is a 4 cylinder?" 2 days later I leased my first VW. So far I am liking it (not loving it) I find the thigh bolsters to be a little to firm, and the steering wheel is a little to far from me. It has plenty of power (I drive with a heavy foot). Handling is a little lofty, but maybe I just need more time getting used to it's manners. Silver paint job is a little sloppy, looks like the robot fell asleep in a couple of spots. All in all, this car is a lot of bang for the buck.

Awesome value, stylish sport
By enrikk on 02/11/12 17:36 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

As others have said here, both the interior and exterior are of luxury-line quality, and the 4-cylinder performance is a dream. Cornering ability is outstanding, and the ride is very smooth. A definite bonus, also, is that the CC model is a rare gem on the road (almost makes me want to give the CC a bad review so it stays that way). Professional reviews are a little misleading - they widely pan the 6-cylinder model and complain that there's little room in the back. Just get the 4-cylinder and don't shop for coupes when you really need a minivan (duh?).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen CC in WA is:

$197 per month*