LEMON!!! STAY AWAY!
By wolf_3 on
2011 Volkswagen CC Lux Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I have owned the car since November of 2010. My 2011 CC Lux Plus is a lemon, plain and simple! I did a year's worth of research on this car and was confident in my decision. All the experts, consumers and the magazines said it was a great car. The day I drove it off the lot was the BIGGEST mistake of my life. The electronics never worked from the start. Bluetooth does not work with my iPhone, nav system thinks I'm in Florida when I live in New York, transmission lurches the car backwards and forwards so much so that I can't parallel park it. Nav system and Bluetooth modules have each been replaced twice, they are JUNK. Car has been in for service 5 times and VW customer service is horrible
Favorite Features
The car has spent more time at the dealer than I have driving it in 3 months. Don't be tempted by the styling...it's a lousy car and Volkswagen Customer Care should be ashamed of themselves. This is my first and last Volkswagen product. With only 1,000 miles on the car, they won't take it back. I have hired a lawyer and I am suing Volkswagen for a full refund.
Suggested Improvements
Customer service at every dealership sucks. VW Corporate customer care sucks. I was forced to drive around in a Chevy Cobalt rental car for a month while it was in for service. After a month, the dealer called me to say "we can't fix it, come pick it up." Car has left me stranded on more than one occasion. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!
By carnaught
on 05/01/11 11:10 AM (PDT)

Wow, it's three months later than when you posted and I'v ehad my car as long as you've had yours. I have got say that mechanically and electronics-wise, I've had absolutely NO problems with it at all. The ergonomics are terrific and the combined MPG of 30 is awesome. I guess any make/model of car can have its lemons.

By luisja2000
on 01/30/11 09:13 AM (PST)

I would recommend you to use Better Business Bureau, I have been through two lemon cases in the past 5 years with Audi and Acura and I got my money back, if you can prove it, have it documented and they said they can not fix it, they will have to follow what the BBB says because they are bound unless they want to go under arbitration. The BBB agent was really professional.