Used 2011 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Great car
By dpt2

2011 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 V6 4 motion 2 weeks ago after trading in my 2008 Audi TT coupe. I initially considered: BMW 328i sedan, 335i sedan, 335d sedan, Mercedes c300. Almost purchased the BMW 335, but was told by a service manager that reliability wasn't great and frankly the interior was poor considering the price. The Volkswagen is a great compromise between a sporty car and a great interior if thats what you are looking for. I chose the V-4 4 motion mostly because of the extra HP, AWD, and the alternate 6sp transmission compared to the 4cyl with DSG. My Audi had the same 200 HP/DSG, and i HATED that trans. It was great for MPG, but what a jerky ride and mechanical problems. I love the VW >Audi

Navi can be used while driving, free Sirus traffic for 6 months, MP3 player connection displays song title Vs my Audi just listed Track 1--1000, retractable rear window shade, good moon roof (tilts only), excellent seats for all passengers, full size spare (no expensive run flatss) large trunk, rear view camera for parking- its actually very easy to park considering the size( its the same size as my wife's Infiniti Fx35), i have a compact spot and fit with no problem. The 4 motion is AMAZING in rain, V-6 feels much more powerful compared to the 4cyl, be ready for poor city fuel economy 15-17 MPG.

Longer standard warranty, only 3 yrs, 360000 miles, at least it included free service. I purchased an extended warranty with VW for 1600 for 6 yrs.750000 miles. Reliability has yet to be tested (2 weeks old only).

LEMON!!! STAY AWAY!
By wolf_3

2011 Volkswagen CC Lux Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have owned the car since November of 2010. My 2011 CC Lux Plus is a lemon, plain and simple! I did a year's worth of research on this car and was confident in my decision. All the experts, consumers and the magazines said it was a great car. The day I drove it off the lot was the BIGGEST mistake of my life. The electronics never worked from the start. Bluetooth does not work with my iPhone, nav system thinks I'm in Florida when I live in New York, transmission lurches the car backwards and forwards so much so that I can't parallel park it. Nav system and Bluetooth modules have each been replaced twice, they are JUNK. Car has been in for service 5 times and VW customer service is horrible

The car has spent more time at the dealer than I have driving it in 3 months. Don't be tempted by the styling...it's a lousy car and Volkswagen Customer Care should be ashamed of themselves. This is my first and last Volkswagen product. With only 1,000 miles on the car, they won't take it back. I have hired a lawyer and I am suing Volkswagen for a full refund.

Customer service at every dealership sucks. VW Corporate customer care sucks. I was forced to drive around in a Chevy Cobalt rental car for a month while it was in for service. After a month, the dealer called me to say "we can't fix it, come pick it up." Car has left me stranded on more than one occasion. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

An athlete in an Armani
By jeshl

2011 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I'm kind of a nerd when it comes to comparing the cars I am looking at. Took my time, did the comparisons, and chose the CC. SO GLAD I DID! Absolutely love this car. Total head-turner at lights. Comfort, and sporty. Has looks that let people take you seriously yet doesn't look like I own stock in Ben-Gay. Every aspect of this car is fantastic.

Interior design Gadgets 24 - SAT presets!! Awesome integration with cell phone Exterior looks...nothing else like You won't blend in with the masses driving their 328s and Mercs

I'm normally pretty quick to find the "....this is really nice, but...." types of things, however, I cannot find anything I'd want to improve.

Awesome
By whitea2

2011 Volkswagen CC Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is an awesome car to drive. I have previously owned a saab sports, bmw 535, bmw 330 and this cc lux out classes them in all categories to include handling, ride comfort, audio controls, navigation, mpg (26-33). Well designed exterior and interior. Ergonomically friendly. My only issue has been entry and exit since I am a senior citizen and need to bend a little extra. Well worth the extra effort. I thoroughly enjoy some of the subtle features ie mute, media, usb, touchscreen, navigation, sensor wipers, storage, etc. A great car and have been driving it for over 5 months.

Fuel economy; media center, acceleration, steering, responsiveness on open road, appearance,

panic bar handles for passenger and driver

Can't stop staring at it
By jspeith

2011 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We recently bought a used 2009 CC VR6. Our main goal was to find a sedan that had comfortable seats, good fuel economy, and excellent reliability. I also wanted to find a car that was not so common that it would be on every street corner. We got that and more! The design team for this car deserves an honor equivalent to the nobel peace prize - I can't stop staring at it. The exterior of the car has lines I've never seen before even on cars five times the price. The interior is laid out so simply it is genius. Coming from a RX330 it was an adjustment dipping down to get in but once inside the room is more than adequate even with only four seats and it is a blast to drive!

Exterior styling, interior comfort, NAV and Dynaudio system. I like the side lights that light the way as you turn into a curve. NAV and stereo are simple in design and use and the absence of an overkill of buttons and nobs is appealing. Fuel efficiency in a V6 with the kind of power it has is excellent - 30mpg on a 200 mile trip thru a half a dozen small towns. and the Dynaudio system.

I would love it if the sunroof opened all the way. So far I have not found a way to rip music to the built in hard drive. Remote start and a place to store sunglasses would be my only other suggested improvements.