Used 2011 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion Executive Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2011 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Great car
By dpt2

2011 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 V6 4 motion 2 weeks ago after trading in my 2008 Audi TT coupe. I initially considered: BMW 328i sedan, 335i sedan, 335d sedan, Mercedes c300. Almost purchased the BMW 335, but was told by a service manager that reliability wasn't great and frankly the interior was poor considering the price. The Volkswagen is a great compromise between a sporty car and a great interior if thats what you are looking for. I chose the V-4 4 motion mostly because of the extra HP, AWD, and the alternate 6sp transmission compared to the 4cyl with DSG. My Audi had the same 200 HP/DSG, and i HATED that trans. It was great for MPG, but what a jerky ride and mechanical problems. I love the VW >Audi

Favorite Features

Navi can be used while driving, free Sirus traffic for 6 months, MP3 player connection displays song title Vs my Audi just listed Track 1--1000, retractable rear window shade, good moon roof (tilts only), excellent seats for all passengers, full size spare (no expensive run flatss) large trunk, rear view camera for parking- its actually very easy to park considering the size( its the same size as my wife's Infiniti Fx35), i have a compact spot and fit with no problem. The 4 motion is AMAZING in rain, V-6 feels much more powerful compared to the 4cyl, be ready for poor city fuel economy 15-17 MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Longer standard warranty, only 3 yrs, 360000 miles, at least it included free service. I purchased an extended warranty with VW for 1600 for 6 yrs.750000 miles. Reliability has yet to be tested (2 weeks old only).

Can't stop staring at it
By jspeith

2011 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We recently bought a used 2009 CC VR6. Our main goal was to find a sedan that had comfortable seats, good fuel economy, and excellent reliability. I also wanted to find a car that was not so common that it would be on every street corner. We got that and more! The design team for this car deserves an honor equivalent to the nobel peace prize - I can't stop staring at it. The exterior of the car has lines I've never seen before even on cars five times the price. The interior is laid out so simply it is genius. Coming from a RX330 it was an adjustment dipping down to get in but once inside the room is more than adequate even with only four seats and it is a blast to drive!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, interior comfort, NAV and Dynaudio system. I like the side lights that light the way as you turn into a curve. NAV and stereo are simple in design and use and the absence of an overkill of buttons and nobs is appealing. Fuel efficiency in a V6 with the kind of power it has is excellent - 30mpg on a 200 mile trip thru a half a dozen small towns. and the Dynaudio system.

Suggested Improvements

I would love it if the sunroof opened all the way. So far I have not found a way to rip music to the built in hard drive. Remote start and a place to store sunglasses would be my only other suggested improvements.