Update to Previous Posting
By ATLDriver on
2010 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 10/09 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
Just wanted to revise a previous posting I had made earlier in the year. Car had been experiencing jumpiness out of first gear and reverse, and seemed to hop forward when foot was off the accelerator. Sometimes would experience severe lag out from a dead stop. Problematic when merging in to on-coming traffic. Dealer replaced the Mechatronic unit after a 5 week wait for the part and it seems to have resolved any of my issues. Will sometimes experience the lag from a dead stop but not as severe and could be due to having the a/c on in the car. Overall, the car has been great otherwise. Part replaced has a dealer cost of around $1800. Retail would cost for you or I over $3000+.
Favorite Features
Still has so many to compliment on: Gas mileage, looks both inside and out, lots of basic features, side turning headlights to name a few.
Suggested Improvements
Back seat, keyless entry, automatic folding side mirrors
By dinoscc
on 07/24/11 16:19 PM (PDT)

My 2010 CC has the same problem - severe lag from dead stop at times, unless engine was revved (have stick). Car almost feels like it will stall at times when running between 2k to 3k rpm, almost like the computer doesn't know what to tell the turbo and the injection - felt like the car was going to die on me several times. Have 20k service coming up, will have to ask about that Mechatronic unit - thanks!