Saved from a snowstorm
By klpeel on
2010 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
The CC VR6 4Motion is a fantastic car indide and out that combines the favorite features of my past two (2005 Infiniti G35x and 2000 Passat GLX) and goes beyond them. It has the stability/solidity of the Passat and the driving fun of the G35x. ...and the best gizmos of each. I drove a ways from the MD burbs to the best dealer in the region (Lindsay), in VA. I arrived just as a snowstorm started. My drive back in now-blizzard conditions took 3 hours as cars were spinning out of control left and right. The CC was sure-footed the whole way. The VR6 isn't cheap, but it's not much more than my old V6 Passat and the same as the G35x, and better than both. I'd narrowed my search down to CC vs. A4.
Favorite Features
This car is a classic beauty. There are certain car designs that are so holistic they seem chiseled from stone. Among them: the pre-2000 Maxima, the early 2000s VW Passat, the just discontinued Acura TL (all three designs followed by huge disappointments). But this one beats them all.
Suggested Improvements
Put in a normal backseat. Even though I almost never have anyone in the backseat, the cupholder unit in the middle is annoying, as I can't lay boxes or other things on it down flat. A simple bench backseat, please!