Regret Decision
By migzc on
2010 Volkswagen CC Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
This is the first car I ever purchased new and I really regret my decision to go with Volkswagen. The car is very noisy, has creaks and rattles in the front and back. I have taken it to the dealership approx 10 times and they still can't make it right! There is a very distinctive rattle in the front driver side when going over bumps and they replaced the strut, brakes and several other things and no luck. Now they say it is normal!! Also, the plastic trim behind the rear window cracked for no reason, they don't know how that happened but said they will replace it. The part has been on order for a month!! There is also a major delay from punching the gas to actually accelerating!
Favorite Features
The car does have a comfortable interior and a sleek exterior. It does turn heads and it is fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
I would ask VW to stand behind their vehicle and if they cannot repair a defective vehicle in a timely and reasonable manner, just replace it and do not say it is "normal" after putting so much effort into trying to fix it.
By califman
on 02/08/13 14:02 PM (PST)

Had the same rear plastic piece crack also near the center.

By arx9968
on 10/15/11 18:12 PM (PDT)

I have to agree with you. Loved my cc for the first year, then rattles and creaks began to roll in....if VW built a really solid car there wouln't be as many...I have creaks and rattles on both the left and right side of the driver and passenger seat area. It bugs the crap out of me!! I am deciding if I shouldn't ditch it for the Jag XF I really wanted in the first place. Bob

By basictek
on 01/19/14 21:18 PM (PST)

My wife just bought the 2010 CC used and at first we both loved this car, but our 1st warning was within the 30 day warranty carmax had to repair around $2000 worth of stuff (change windshield for some reason, fix auto wipers, fix power windows...) Car had 44K now and the sunroof slider just busted to pieces adn cost another grand, the engine is supposedly leaking and not covered under the powertrain, the DSG tranny needed service, multiple headlights have burned out, service costs are crazy high including needing to use synthetic oil and super unleaded fuel), the almost new tired need to be replaced after 10K, the front dash constantly rattles but that can be lost among the other road noise generated by the VW farfegnugen experience (I guess)... What a money pit this car will be. As soon as we get most of this stuff fixed we will sell it and cut our losses. The kewl looking feature rich car is not worth paying more than you would for a Mercedes in maintenance and repair!!!