CC disappoints
By Mark Borst on
2010 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I've had my CC for 4.5 months. It's been in the shop for a month. I've had difficulty with the transmission being grabby, lurching, inconsistent. Throttle activity has been unpredictable. I never know how the car is going to respond when I hit the gas. VW has replaced my gearbox.Now, a month later, the problem is beginning to recur. I have difficulty with visibility. The bottom of the windshield is a straight horizontal. The hood curves off into oblivion on the outside corners, so it's impossible to tell how close your are to a curb or wall in front of you. The automatic up and down motion of the frameless windows as you exit and enter the car gets annoying with time.
Favorite Features
total strangers routinely ask me what kind of car it is, and consistently offer positive comments on its dramatic styling. I kind of like the two-tone upholstery, but I'd much rather have real leather than leatherette, the only option offered. (Isn't that vinyl?)
Suggested Improvements
German cars are delightful, but a pain to own. After three Volkswagens and two Audis, I am finished with them forever. With Toyota's problems, though I'm kind of nervous about the Japanese at this point too, but the only thing I've ever had to repair on all three of my Hondas was the compressor.
By dinoscc
on 07/24/11 16:11 PM (PDT)

I've had the same issue with my 6M, throttle completely unpredictable - car with surge or sputter even if you hold the gas pedal steady. Going in for 20k service, hopefully they can correct whatever it is - computer module?