2010 Volkswagen CC Consumer Review: 2010 CC VR6 4Motion

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Review

2010 CC VR6 4Motion
By vr6guy1 on

2010 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I live in the California Sierra, so AWD was important to me. I opted for the 4 motion VR6, although most professional reviews said it was not worth the money. I am glad I bought the VR6 4Motion. I have previously owned a MB C55, BMW M3, and a BMW X5 Sport. Out of all of these cars, the CC is my favorite because of excellent performance, great looks, and fairly good gas mileage. The car handles superbly on mountain roads. (Note that the VR6 does not come with the DSG transmission in the US-- many reviews are wrong about this).

I really enjoy the great flexibility of the engine and transmission. I do most of my mountain driving in the Sport mode of the transmission, which is perfectly tuned to the engine. The exterior styling turns heads wherever I go, and the 19" Sagitta wheels are stunning. The interior design is beautiful and functional. I have been in terrible snow storms that stopped other AWD cars, but the CC 4Mo has kept going with traction and stability to spare. Rear seats are surprisingly comfy, and trunk is very large.

Seats are low-slung like a coupe, so car takes a bit of effort to get out of. The Owner's Manual is poorly written (it tries to cover all possible configurations of the car-- in this computer age a good manual for each specific car's configuration would be so easy to write). The car only has about 4-3/4" clearance, so the AWD is not for deep snow driving. I am over 6', but rear visibility is still an issue: get the Optical Parking System (bumper beeper). The I got the 19" wheels, and while the car handles and looks great, the low sidewalls mean less tire flexibility if you hit a pothole or rough pavement. You can easily scuff the wheels on a curb if you park too close.