Used 2010 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Mercedes Nightmare
By rr2011

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

this has been the best car i have ever owned i will never go back to BMW or Mercedes but rather Volkswagen or Audi they have really stepped up their design and performance of their cars making them fun and inexpensive to drive. my Volkswagen cc vr6 4 motion so far is the best car i have owned.

Favorite Features

i would have to go with the backup camera but there is many different features on this car which makes it hard to decide .

Suggested Improvements

the plate between the hood and windshield a common problem found would be they have cracked or flown off which is covered under warranty.

2010 CC VR6 4Motion
By vr6guy1

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I live in the California Sierra, so AWD was important to me. I opted for the 4 motion VR6, although most professional reviews said it was not worth the money. I am glad I bought the VR6 4Motion. I have previously owned a MB C55, BMW M3, and a BMW X5 Sport. Out of all of these cars, the CC is my favorite because of excellent performance, great looks, and fairly good gas mileage. The car handles superbly on mountain roads. (Note that the VR6 does not come with the DSG transmission in the US-- many reviews are wrong about this).

Favorite Features

I really enjoy the great flexibility of the engine and transmission. I do most of my mountain driving in the Sport mode of the transmission, which is perfectly tuned to the engine. The exterior styling turns heads wherever I go, and the 19" Sagitta wheels are stunning. The interior design is beautiful and functional. I have been in terrible snow storms that stopped other AWD cars, but the CC 4Mo has kept going with traction and stability to spare. Rear seats are surprisingly comfy, and trunk is very large.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are low-slung like a coupe, so car takes a bit of effort to get out of. The Owner's Manual is poorly written (it tries to cover all possible configurations of the car-- in this computer age a good manual for each specific car's configuration would be so easy to write). The car only has about 4-3/4" clearance, so the AWD is not for deep snow driving. I am over 6', but rear visibility is still an issue: get the Optical Parking System (bumper beeper). The I got the 19" wheels, and while the car handles and looks great, the low sidewalls mean less tire flexibility if you hit a pothole or rough pavement. You can easily scuff the wheels on a curb if you park too close.

Impressive ride
By TJS

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had a Jetta which I loved, traded to a CC 4Motion. Wow, quiet, fast, nimble, and sleek in and out! Best VW I have owned.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifters give the automatic a stick feel when needed...or for fun! Great interior. Mistaken for a Benz, a lot of compliments. Superb stereo

Suggested Improvements

Full sunroof would be nice

100 miles a day
By Third VW

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As someone who commutes over 100 miles a day to my office I was looking for a car that I could enjoy driving and as VW fan I gave them first chance for my most recent purchase. I planned to shop the Mercedez C class but never got to their dealership. Test drove the CC and was sold. I love the VW tight handling and this car takes it up a notch from my previous Passatt 4Motion. The aggressive exterior lines, the growl of the engine at startup and the 290 Hpower all make driving it fun. Like some other posters of reviews, I had the badging taken off the rear to keep that element of mystery as people wonder what type of car it is when they see it. Blue tooth, touchscreen Nav, both great.

Favorite Features

At startup at night the headlights fan out to the left and right, a nice touch, the come home feature that lights up the side mirrors for your walkway is cool, the rear trunk is a clever VW push button hidden behind the logo and the rear view camera is excellent for parking assist.

Suggested Improvements

I miss the ability to open all windows with a remote key but I may have not set it up to do that, need to check the manual.

Saved from a snowstorm
By klpeel

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The CC VR6 4Motion is a fantastic car indide and out that combines the favorite features of my past two (2005 Infiniti G35x and 2000 Passat GLX) and goes beyond them. It has the stability/solidity of the Passat and the driving fun of the G35x. ...and the best gizmos of each. I drove a ways from the MD burbs to the best dealer in the region (Lindsay), in VA. I arrived just as a snowstorm started. My drive back in now-blizzard conditions took 3 hours as cars were spinning out of control left and right. The CC was sure-footed the whole way. The VR6 isn't cheap, but it's not much more than my old V6 Passat and the same as the G35x, and better than both. I'd narrowed my search down to CC vs. A4.

Favorite Features

This car is a classic beauty. There are certain car designs that are so holistic they seem chiseled from stone. Among them: the pre-2000 Maxima, the early 2000s VW Passat, the just discontinued Acura TL (all three designs followed by huge disappointments). But this one beats them all.

Suggested Improvements

Put in a normal backseat. Even though I almost never have anyone in the backseat, the cupholder unit in the middle is annoying, as I can't lay boxes or other things on it down flat. A simple bench backseat, please!