Used 2010 Volkswagen CC Luxury Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Great car to drive but super expensive to own and maintain
By basictek

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We got our VW 2010 CC luxury with 36K on it and within 8K the car has cost us a fortune to maintain and repair. On top of the very high sticker price (with options our car was about 35K MSRP and thankfully we got it for 20K used) Since then the windshield, auto sensing wipers, two front power windows, sunroof sliding cover, brand new tires, alignment, DSG service, oil leak (not covered under powertrain) Need for synthetic oil and super unleaded gas have cost us and the dealer a fortune (us 3.5K carmax 2K). As the car gets older one can only expect more gadgetry to fail, and very expensive maintenance (similar to BMW, Mercedes, audi). It also rattles a lot up front and has tons of road noise.

This car is superfast for 200 HP although there is an initial delay unless flooring it. Handling is great and it looks super kewl. It's packed with tons great features and compares nicely to other entry level luxury sedans by audi, bmw, and mercedes. Love the backup warning system, the 8 speaker stereo, seats with very leatherlike material, my wife loves the seatwarmers. Both interior and exterior styling are impressive and the car feels very solid when driving. We love the giant panoramic sunroof

sunglass holder on roof, push button start (hate the pushkey idea). If building a car with so much technology please work on making it more reliable like the japanese auto makers (maintenance is already way too high to have so many failures in under 50K) From googling it's apparently pretty common for a lot of failures and not that we just got a lemon. Try to improve road noise and rattles (worse than my Hyundai's). People need to be warned that the costs to own a car like this are much higher than american or japanese and should be considered before purchasing (requires super, synthetic, DSG every 40K, eats tires for breakfast...) Car is also very difficult to get in and out of (very low)

What a car!
By Sporty_D

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was initially considering BMW 3 series or the Audi A4. They were way too expensive after adding all the features I wanted. So I decided to try out the CC. Oh my, was I in for a surprise. With less $ than A4 or the 3 series, I was able to get a fully loaded car with NAV and backup camera as well. This car looks awesome and rides and performs like a sports car especially in sports mode. Oh, did I tell you? I love it when people asks me, "what kind of car is that?". This car look much better than BMW 3 or Audi A4 in my opinion. Some people actually told me that they thought it was the Mercedes CLS. Puts a smile on my face every time I take it out for a spin.

Performance, style, NAV, Backup camera, sporty bucket seats, roomy trunk space or should I just say everything?

Remove the VW badge!

Super Car
By BillyG

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Traded a 2008 BMW 328 with sport suspension, too rough riding also kind of "bunty" looking. Terrific improvement in comfort with the CC over the Bimmer, way better looking and still excellent handling. Also own an 06 MB E Class, far prefer the CC, have relegated the Benz to my wife. After almost 3 months zero problems, great gas mileage, a very positive experience, would highly recommend.

Comfort, great seats, performance and economy. It's hard to get less than 32mpg on highway and about 24 in town. Super twin clutch automatic, perfectly mated to direct injected 4 cylinder engine. The turbo 4 performs like V6 and absolutely no vibrations. Also like the cornering lights.

Would probably have opted for wood trim instead of the brushed aluminum and Xenon rather than Halogen head lights, although the Halogens are very good. Otherwise absolutely nothing VW got this one right!

Amazing Car for the Money!!!
By WGR

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the car today, and I am thrilled! The seats hug you, the stereo is great and the style is second to none. Why buy a boring Accord, Camry or other when you can have style!!! live now!

Interior and Exterior style. Navigation System, back-up camera, seats! Seats are incredibly comfortable.

The style has it's drawbacks in terms of rear seat headroom, and trunk space. Need a couple more spots to put things in the front seat (phone, change etc)

What is it?
By Chuck

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is beautiful both inside and out. I've had many people slow down to see the badge to see what it is or come up to me in a parking lot to admire this car. It looks and handles like a car that costs 20-30K more. The turbo-4 has exceptional power (scary power for a 4). It hugs the road and handles like a charm. No problem with pulling to the right like some reported with the '09. I'm afraid I know I'm going to get a speeding ticket because it rides so smooth and is so quick that it glides to 80 mph before you know it.

The turbo-4, control and drive- ability, the turn-illuminating lights (think this only comes on the Lux), exterior styling and interior design.

Would put a full bench seat in the rear.