Used 2010 Volkswagen CC Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

A sweet shifting ride
By jeffster

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this CC Sport with manual 36 months ago with 30K miles. Now up to 58K and still very pleased. Was looking for something fun and kind of distinctive to replace a 10 year old Maxima and wanted to keep a manual transmission. Was concerned about VW reputation for problems, but so far, it's been okay. Had to replace water pump this last year for $900, and there were two other minor issues (under $250 to fix), so keeping fingers crossed.

The transmission and engine are terrific and, so far, seem bulletproof. Plenty of power and love the turbo. A little lag, but that just makes it more fun when it spools up. Manual transmission is wonderful, smooth shifting, excellent ratios. Teaching my wife to drive stick and she likes it. I encourage everyone out there to seek out manual transmissions. They are disappearing and they shouldn't. It makes driving more fun and your maintenance costs will be lower -- there is a lot less to go wrong with a manual. And any complaints you hear about auto transmissions -- taking too long, software must need an upgrade, blah, blah, blah -- disappear with the manual. You decide when to shift, not the car, problems all solved.

Okay, moving on, I am very pleased with this car. It looks great, nice lines, best view is from side. I have silver. When clean, it kind of looks like a spaceship. Tough to get out of, but that is the trade-off. Very comfortable once you are inside, cool red lights at night. All electronics still work. Bluetooth good. My only complaints are you can't get sunroof with the manual and I really, really miss that. Also, would really like a back up camera, because the sightlines on this very sleek car are really bad. For those reasons, and as I approach 60K miles, I started looking for a replacement, but after testing '13 G37, '15 Mazda 6 and '12 A4, I am actually more satisfied than ever with my CC. Think I will keep it longer and see what happens.

Great car....BUT!
By dinoscc

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have almost 20k miles on my CC. The car has incredible performance all while routinely getting about 30 mpg - have gotten as much as 38! However, there are issues when accelerating from dead stop which can be dangerous - if you don't press the gas just right, the car will stall or bog down on you for what seems like an eternity when making a left turn - DANGEROUS! Car has manual tranny, and yes I know how to drive! The car even sputters when holding the pedal steady and driving, so not sure if it's an issue with injectors/turbo/or computers or combination. I'd love to buy this car after lease is over, but if dealer can't fix it at next service, I'll be letting this car go - would be a shame.

Great acceleration, very fuel efficient, great styling/handling/performance - a wolf in sheep's clothing! Car would be great up north in snow since it's a FWD. Overall build quality is high, and car feels very solid. Question electrical/mechanical issues though - and not sure how car will hold up in long term. Driving this car is a BLAST - I have a 6 speed manual and it's a great gearbox - one of the best I've ever had - however lag issues out of first gear from a stop really are troubling - car will either rocket forward or bog down and come to a near stall. Other than that, it's just a FUN, efficient and luxurious car all in one - really DO love this car, except for the bogging down!

Rear seats only for 2 - can't have another child now! Rear visibility is difficult, especially at night - think newer models have backup cams. A/C doesn't quite cool well during these hot Florida summer days when sunny. Lag issue when accelerating is dangerous when making left turns - car seriously will bog down for several seconds if you don't press the gas just right - my wife hates to drive this car because of this. Hopefully the dealer will correct this issue when I take it in for the 20k service next week - many other reviewers claim the same is happening to them with the bogging down - throttle activity is unpredictable.

very sporty car
By Big O

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my Audi A4 in last week for the CC and im glad i did , i love this car , i love the way it had handles on the the hwy and the surface street. I owned a VW Jetta a few years ago, but volkswagen really stepped it up when they brought out the CC. i love the Bluetooth and touch screen radio.

BlueTooth and touch screen radio

needs to have room for one more passenger

Love the car - suggest the manual trans
By Keith

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had for 6 months, no complaints. Test drove the automatic and went with the 6 speed manual (which leaves you with the sport model). I would have liked the sunroof and the homelink from the Lux model, but for anyone who has not drove one of these with the manual transmission, you are missing this car at its best.

Styling, quiet, ride, seats (most comfortable I've ever had, and they look like a work of art).

Six speed manual option for the Lux model.

Don't Hesitate
By Car Junkie

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been absolutely pleased with my new R-line VW CC!! I didn't know about the R-line until I went and test drove the CC. I was very slow and meticulous in my recent car buying decision. I test drove the Audi A4, Mercedes C class, I also drove the Honda Accord V6 Coupe, as well as the Hyundai Genesis V6 Coupe. I walked into the show room and there she was...Black on Black, VW CC- R line. The R line is a package with extra base and body molding around the vehicles exterior to enhance the look-Not that it needs help. As soon as the wheels hit the road I was in love with it, especially when kicking in the Sports mode on the highway. this car was the best Overall that I test drove!!

The stereo is awesome, in dash 6 disc changer, memory card capability to down load your music into stereo, Blue-tooth hands free, Great fit and finish inside and out!

The only complaint I have is the arch on the driver and passenger doors could have been raised slightly higher for better head clearance when exiting the vehicle. I'm very average in height 5'10'' and I've hit my head a few times. Other than that, Not a bad word to say about this ride!