2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Sport Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific CC model:
Great car....BUT!
By dinoscc on 07/24/11 16:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have almost 20k miles on my CC. The car has incredible performance all while routinely getting about 30 mpg - have gotten as much as 38! However, there are issues when accelerating from dead stop which can be dangerous - if you don't press the gas just right, the car will stall or bog down on you for what seems like an eternity when making a left turn - DANGEROUS! Car has manual tranny, and yes I know how to drive! The car even sputters when holding the pedal steady and driving, so not sure if it's an issue with injectors/turbo/or computers or combination. I'd love to buy this car after lease is over, but if dealer can't fix it at next service, I'll be letting this car go - would be a shame.

very sporty car
By Big O on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my Audi A4 in last week for the CC and im glad i did , i love this car , i love the way it had handles on the the hwy and the surface street. I owned a VW Jetta a few years ago, but volkswagen really stepped it up when they brought out the CC. i love the Bluetooth and touch screen radio.

Love the car - suggest the manual trans
By Keith on 09/06/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had for 6 months, no complaints. Test drove the automatic and went with the 6 speed manual (which leaves you with the sport model). I would have liked the sunroof and the homelink from the Lux model, but for anyone who has not drove one of these with the manual transmission, you are missing this car at its best.

Don't Hesitate
By Car Junkie on 08/26/10 07:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been absolutely pleased with my new R-line VW CC!! I didn't know about the R-line until I went and test drove the CC. I was very slow and meticulous in my recent car buying decision. I test drove the Audi A4, Mercedes C class, I also drove the Honda Accord V6 Coupe, as well as the Hyundai Genesis V6 Coupe. I walked into the show room and there she was...Black on Black, VW CC- R line. The R line is a package with extra base and body molding around the vehicles exterior to enhance the look-Not that it needs help. As soon as the wheels hit the road I was in love with it, especially when kicking in the Sports mode on the highway. this car was the best Overall that I test drove!!

Great Design - Poor Engine
By Mariops on 08/12/10 19:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car for about a month. Got it because of the design, nothing looks this good and exclusive for $30k (even compared to luxury brands). Interior looks good but having owned 3 Audis, the VW interior is not in the same league (and intentionally so). My biggest complaint is the engine (2.0T with Auto; I wanted an auto for commuting, my 2nd car is a manual). From a stop, the engine sputters and is seriously underpowered but when the turbo kicks in it takes off. Don't get me wrong, I love turbos like the next enthusiasts, but doesn't feel right in a car like this. I'm sure the auto trans doesn't help. Despite engine performance/FWD handling, the design makes up for its shortcomings.

Piece of Junk?
By monkeytoes on 08/10/10 14:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my CC for 7 weeks. 2 high speed balances, 2 regular, 2 new tires and the car still shakes at 55mph and beyond. Car shakes very bad going up hill. Worst part is that the dealership that sold me the car has a consumer rating of D- with the BBB and it shows because they charge me $60.00 to have a balance done on the car 1 week after the purchase date. The rear windows also leak and the blue tooth works only when it wants too! Thanks VW for selling me a LEMON and then not standing behind your product! Oh, the $150.00 you sent to try and make me happy, I will be using it tomorrow to have all 4 tires balanced for the 5th time!

First time VW owner
By clockworkpug on 08/10/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just came from a BMW Z4M roadster and a BMW 330Ci and I am seriously impressed by this car. You will be hard pressed to find a more luxurious, smooth, and refined car for under $30,000. The car is not fast in the way that a 5-series BMW is, but it is no slouch either. The 2.0 L turbo is a gem of an engine, and the car is as smooth as butter. It does have a fair amount of body roll but then again this car is more Mercedes than it is BMW. The interior is first rate and has near Audi levels of style inside. With the 6-speed manual this car is actually quite fun to drive. There is quite a bit of understeer though, for obvious reasons. The exterior on this car is its piece de resistance!

Bang for the buck
By jsbonger on 07/27/10 23:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have been waiting to put some miles(4K) before writing this review. Traded in 2k BMW 323 for a newer car with maintenance program and warranty. Considered Mazdaspeed 3, Subaru Legacy and WRX, Audi A3, as well as GTI and Golf TDI, but the lease, maintenance, and family size closed the deal. The car drives nicely with good performance from the turbo 4, however there is some turbo lag most noticeable on steep hills. Handling is very good but it is not a BMW. The steering feel is a bit light, not like the bimmer. So far no major maintenance issues. I have driven from SD to Paso Robles and averaged 32+ MPG @ 78MPH on stage 1 APR tune. Has all the basics I need for a good highway cruiser.

Best buy you'll ever make
By Rohit Agrawal on 07/26/10 19:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I used to own a Jetta and wanted to test drive as many cars before I made the purchase. I test drove everything from a Camaro 2SS, 370Z to BMW 1- and 3- series. My budget was $40k approx. The top contenders were BMW 335, MB C300 and the CC. I think the BMW is on the sporty end and MB on the luxury end and the CC is smack in the middle. Have had it for three months and love everything about it...still looking for excuses to drive. The short throw clutch is taking a while to get used to but the transmission is super smooth. The styling is top notch and I often find myself checking my own car out in the parking lot. Love how the back end looks at night with the "floating" tail lights.

Poor interior design and performance
By Jano on 07/22/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased a new VW CC.It is very difficult to drive. When accelerating,you must be very careful in depressing the accelerator because if not done just right the vehicle will shoot forward too fast or bog down for a second or two causing a dangerous condition when pulling out into traffic.The dashboard is poorly designed especially the placement of the media buttons and phone buttons on the steering wheel.the air conditioning ducts are pointed down so you don't get the full blast of air when opened fully. This is the first vehicle that I have ever has that I am fearful of driving because of the performance of the car. I took it to the dealer and they said it was okay.not enough room for expla