Used 2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Still Love Driving my CC!
By toddaspencer

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased my CC a couple of years ago, used, with 30k miles on it and now have 61k on it. What a treat, every day. I have never enjoyed driving a car as much as I do my CC. I've had no breakdowns (knock on wood) and have only had to complete maintenance stuff -- which aren't cheap but I believe are part of the answer to keeping a great car up and going strong. I always recommend the CC to anyone else who asks about it. Keep up the great work, VW!

Great car to drive but super expensive to own and maintain
By basictek

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We got our VW 2010 CC luxury with 36K on it and within 8K the car has cost us a fortune to maintain and repair. On top of the very high sticker price (with options our car was about 35K MSRP and thankfully we got it for 20K used) Since then the windshield, auto sensing wipers, two front power windows, sunroof sliding cover, brand new tires, alignment, DSG service, oil leak (not covered under powertrain) Need for synthetic oil and super unleaded gas have cost us and the dealer a fortune (us 3.5K carmax 2K). As the car gets older one can only expect more gadgetry to fail, and very expensive maintenance (similar to BMW, Mercedes, audi). It also rattles a lot up front and has tons of road noise.

Favorite Features

This car is superfast for 200 HP although there is an initial delay unless flooring it. Handling is great and it looks super kewl. It's packed with tons great features and compares nicely to other entry level luxury sedans by audi, bmw, and mercedes. Love the backup warning system, the 8 speaker stereo, seats with very leatherlike material, my wife loves the seatwarmers. Both interior and exterior styling are impressive and the car feels very solid when driving. We love the giant panoramic sunroof

Suggested Improvements

sunglass holder on roof, push button start (hate the pushkey idea). If building a car with so much technology please work on making it more reliable like the japanese auto makers (maintenance is already way too high to have so many failures in under 50K) From googling it's apparently pretty common for a lot of failures and not that we just got a lemon. Try to improve road noise and rattles (worse than my Hyundai's). People need to be warned that the costs to own a car like this are much higher than american or japanese and should be considered before purchasing (requires super, synthetic, DSG every 40K, eats tires for breakfast...) Car is also very difficult to get in and out of (very low)

Fun to drive, handsome, good MPG, happy owner!!
By gottlieb

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After 3 years and 30,000 miles, still love my 2010 VW CC white/tan , i prefer driving this than my 2008 Mercedes Benz E Class, I get as high as 35 MPG highway with A/C, interior is awesome, feels more expensive, very comfortable seats better than my Lexus and Benz, cornering is excellent, a little bumpy for my taste but thats to be expected for a car this low, acceleration is amazingly fast for a 4 cylinder car. love the "THUNK" when opening and closing the frameless doors!!! Only VW has that. overall, another VERY HAPPY VW CC owner, thinking of buying 2013 :)

Favorite Features

Sexy, 35 MPG, Solid Feel, door Thunk, frameless doors, cornering, and most of all, very comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

keyless ignition.

V6 killer
By edyvw

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 10/09 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is probably best used car you can get it on the market if you think driving is more then going from point A to point B (if not, then get Camry). This is 2.0T 200hp four banger with 207lb/ft torque. However, what is HUGE difference is DSG (Dual-Clutch Sequential Gearbox) with 6 gears. When shifts up, it changes gears in 0.065 seconds. Now guys, manual might be a little bit more fun to drive, but it just cannot keep up with my CC. Also, if you want to use full potential, get performance tires! If you are DIY guy/girl, this is perfect car. Probably this is most friendly car for people who like to change oils on their own. However, try to use full synthetic oils like Castrol 0W30 (GC).

Favorite Features

1. Built Quality 2. DSG 3. Engine 4. MPG 5. Performance 6. Brakes 7. Style 8. Do it Yourself (DIY) possibilities

Suggested Improvements

1. Should come with summer (performance) tires from factory or used car dealers should put them on instead of All-Season tires. 2. Suspension should be stiffer. 3. It should have some options like models for Europe (parking lights, rear fog light).

Mercedes Nightmare
By rr2011

2010 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

this has been the best car i have ever owned i will never go back to BMW or Mercedes but rather Volkswagen or Audi they have really stepped up their design and performance of their cars making them fun and inexpensive to drive. my Volkswagen cc vr6 4 motion so far is the best car i have owned.

Favorite Features

i would have to go with the backup camera but there is many different features on this car which makes it hard to decide .

Suggested Improvements

the plate between the hood and windshield a common problem found would be they have cracked or flown off which is covered under warranty.