2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Review: Lovely to look at delightful t

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Review

Lovely to look at delightful to drive
By Jerry Henricks on

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for more than a year. It is the first automatic transmission I have had for three decades - no participation like having a 6 speed manual. I love everything about it regarding superior styling, very quiet, steering and handling. The quality shows in everything it does. The two tone leather seating gives it a lot of panache. The heater/air conditioning is terrific once you've let it do its thing. I have the 'jet airplane impeller" set of wheels - the coupe de grace. The seating comfort makes it a real road runner. Gets 21 mpg around town (driven hard) and 29 on interstates. No problems other than a rim and tire from a road hazard. You're going to love it! I sure do.

The so called 4 door coupe design is the basis of what makes this VW unique. The direct injection makes torque what small displacement sport cars I've owned always wanted. Actually, it has too many features for my taste - weight and cost are the result.

Two items have really bothered me - I cannot have my CD and radio when parked with the engine off - only with ignition, grill lights stay on! VW says the need for the music storage disc is the culprit. Also, poor visibility - good out the windshield but a maze when looking to enter traffic and park