2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Review: Love the car - but prefer stic

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Review

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan

Love the car - but prefer stick shift
By joey on

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Having recently moved from Germany, this is my first car in the US. And while I really love the CC -- kudos for the other reviewers who I concur with on all the pros and favorites -- I had to make a hard compromise: In Germany, all VWs have manual transmission by default, automatic being an option. Here, stick shift isn't even an option (except in the Sport trim, which doesn't allow the selection of sunroof, dynaudio or navi options). Yes, we're in the US but I would like to give VW a gentle nudge about heritage! As soon as VW fixes this, I'll replace my current CC! Side note: Why is a headliner called headliner? Maybe because your head touches it if you exceed 6 feet on the back seat :-)

I may never understand what the developers were thinking when they designed this car. Maybe they read my mind? I have no other explanation for why I feel that passionate and irrational about every aspect of the CC. When I drive the car, I am one with it. And that feeling is my favorite feature.

Find a way to improve headspace on the back seats without losing the sexy curves. And for the sake of being a German car brand: please fix the configuration option politics. After all, choice of transmission is a very, very personal preference.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review