Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Lovely to look at delightful to drive
By Jerry Henricks

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for more than a year. It is the first automatic transmission I have had for three decades - no participation like having a 6 speed manual. I love everything about it regarding superior styling, very quiet, steering and handling. The quality shows in everything it does. The two tone leather seating gives it a lot of panache. The heater/air conditioning is terrific once you've let it do its thing. I have the 'jet airplane impeller" set of wheels - the coupe de grace. The seating comfort makes it a real road runner. Gets 21 mpg around town (driven hard) and 29 on interstates. No problems other than a rim and tire from a road hazard. You're going to love it! I sure do.

The so called 4 door coupe design is the basis of what makes this VW unique. The direct injection makes torque what small displacement sport cars I've owned always wanted. Actually, it has too many features for my taste - weight and cost are the result.

Two items have really bothered me - I cannot have my CD and radio when parked with the engine off - only with ignition, grill lights stay on! VW says the need for the music storage disc is the culprit. Also, poor visibility - good out the windshield but a maze when looking to enter traffic and park

My Stellar CC
By Charlie

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the car for 7 months now, added the gold coast accessories package on a white gold CC VR6 4Motion. I get stopped weekly at gas stations, stores, starbucks etc people asking what kind of car. if you are bored of today's boring designs and average ride quality, just go buy one. this car stands entirely above it's base 26k price.

the sound of a VR6

really? nothing.

4-Motion is KING in snow!
By Steven

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my VW CC with slight hesitation as I originally did not want the VR6 4-motion. What I originally wanted was a VR6 Sport with black or silver exterior w/ navigation. The vehicle that fit my description was not available at my local dealer but they did have a VR6 4-Motion in Iron Gray ext w/navi (64mi on the ODM) with huge discount on the price as they were already getting in MY10s. So I took it. It took me a while to get used to the ext color but I instantly fell in love with the car when winter came with heavy snow. The 4-motion makes driving in Michigan snow weather so easy when I compare it to my previous MY2000 BMW 323i. No slips or ESC/TCS lights blinking...just WONDERFUL!

Exterior/interior design, 4-motion

Bi-xenon headlight option and 4-motion with the 4cyl variant. In short, get rid of the V6 unless a twin turbo charged V6 with 300+hp is offered.

Bang Bang for the buck
By Mark

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing styling (Mercedes CLS lines) that constantly gets compliments with an interior superior to that of the latest Audi A4. This is the base model with so many options and power I don't know why you would need the upgrade package considering its lofty price tag. Good mileage - week and a half per tank (27 avg. mpg). If this is the future of VW, autobahn driving will have Bavarian Motor Works in their rearview.

Styling and interior features.

For the price, its hard to ask for more. Too early to comment on VW's historically high cost to maintain.

Yee-hah!
By welby

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I spent a great deal of time shopping and researching before buying this car. I test drove Audis, Infiniti Gs, BMW 3 series, Volvos and others. The CC took the cake. And, in the end, only BMW's 335i felt more muscular. Aesthetically, inside and out the CC seems near perfect; mine is white and, simply put, only a Mercedes CLS looks better. Once you sit in this thing everything else feels cheap and gimmicky. In terms of performance, I love driving this car. It's brawny when you want it to be, but it can double as a comfortable commuter. Edmunds is ho-hum about the V6 4Montion, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The powerful engine and all wheel drive are well worth the extra money.

Driving performance. This car is FUN to drive. I commute about 50 miles a day and it never gets old. The interior radiates quality; exactly what you want and nothing more. I often sit in the car to read the newspaper because the seat is so comfortable. Great sound system. Truly, a car for a czar.

Mileage could be better; drinks premium gas; rear visibility; media system is better than competitors, but maps could use a more scaled zoom (street names please) and the touch and drag features are hardly iPhone-esque; steering wheel "whirs" a tiny bit in parking lots; can't see the front bumper.