Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC

View reviews for a specific CC model:

This Car is a Winner!
By Bette

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drive an average of 800 miles a week and I'm still amazed at its comfort, performance, style, and value. Like driving it more than my BMW 530I...and receive way more compliments. Surprisingly good gas 30-33 highway, 25 avg MPG. Great traction, torque and overall performance. At first glance easy to confuse for the Mercedes CLS.

Favorite Features

Exterior and Interior styling, Bluetooth, rear camera, Navigation system. Easy uncomplicated ride. Comfortable seats. Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility for blind spots

Very Impressed
By Eric Sands

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine for about 3 months now. I love the way it drives. Very German. Sporty. Stiff but not jarring at all. Very quiet cabin at highway speeds. Quality craftmanship interior and exterior. I love the simplistic layout of the cockpit. There is just enough to give you the info you need, without cluttering up the dash with useless trinkets and faux finishes. The brushed aluminum is real. No problems so far. I am a little disappointed in the gas mileage. Nowhere near advertised. They stated 27 mpg highway. I do 95% of my driving on the highway and I never hit traffic and I am getting about 23 mpg. That will add up quite a it over the years...

Favorite Features

Dynaudio is absolutely a MUST!!! Very comparable B&O of Audi. This car gets looks. Like "stop and stare looks" everywhere I go. I have had strangers come up to me to ask about the car. This car loves to go fast! The faster you go, the better the drive. Nice pickup too. On mine around 0-60 in 5.8s.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage... or more truthful disclosure about it. Bluetooth should be standard on a car at this price point. More interior color choices. Oh! And a sliding sunroof would put this package over the top!

A True Nightmare
By wr0108

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I will try to keep this as short and to the point. I was extremely excited about my 2009 new lease - a truly beautiful car. Within 4 days of leaving the lot, the steering sensor light went on. It has been back to the dealership 3 times for that problem, in addition they found a leaking coolant system on one return and now it is again in the dealership for a leak on the rear passenger floorboard --- eight days and counting for the leak and another loss of the car of 3 weeks for the steering light issue. It is a true Lemon. I know its hard to believe because of the looks and design but i am just relaying my issues. When its not in the shop, its a great car but... Beware.

Favorite Features

Design - interior and exterior. Awesome looks.

Suggested Improvements

Leak issue. Steering sensor issue. Reliability - work better with the consumer when issues arise.

Driver Drving AWAY
By David Chochol

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

CC brought me back and is now Driving me away. I can't wait to trade it on a LS430 Lexus. Stain in the rear window will not come out with anything! Seems to be the plastic melted into the glass. Sand grinding sound in the steering colunm which was replaced @ 2,700 miles, 700 on the miles driving back and forth to the dealer. Ebrake fully killed battery(dealer said no) the is a service recall,(NHTSA Item Number: 10029084) Only 2000 miles. Paint has Flaws on trunk. FLOOR MAT get folded under your feet liek Toyota. Speedo is OFF 4 MPH. 65 is actally 61. VW dealer said this is accepted. BS.

Favorite Features

POWER, Exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Wider SEAT option. I'm 6'2", 275lbs

cool car. some draw backs
By RE

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Style is obviously good. But the interior (radio and environmental) is not that impressive. The fan comes on full speed with a twist of the temp control and other buttons/knobs... I find it pretty annoying. The leather seems pretty cheesy. If you put something lightly heavy on the seats it show an indentation forever. I have the std. Speaker system installed. The sound quality is not horrible, but its pretty bad. The speedo is also off by one mph. At night the interior lights do night dime enough. It gets pretty bright once your eyes adjust to dark.

Favorite Features

gets a lot of looks. good mileage. sport feature for transmission. heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

radio set up and speakers. environmental controls and system. auto wipers are way to sensitive. i would not recommend the black interior; it looks good, but shows every little rub and piece of dirt/hair/grass. shorten the body length.