Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Beautiful car saved my life!
By Scamp

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ok first of all this car, rather the VW engineeres saved our lives. My wife and I were involved in a head on collision with a Dodge Ram2500 4 dr. impact spped were well over 110+ mph. The impact sent us basically under the Dodge, ripping the rear end out from under the truck. My front bumper, windshield,left quarter, driver door were destroyed. Shattered front left rim. They flipped and rolled pinning occupants inside. As VW advertised our doors unlocked and hazards were applied after the crash. Despite the impact and severity of damage to driver side I was able to open my door and exit the once beautiful CC. No intrusion into the passenger compartment. This car saved our lives. Thank You !

Directional headlights on winding roads, Car sensors when going downhill and breaks the engine automatically, rain sensing wipers, seat and mirror memory, parking warning sensors help when pulling into a space like a garage. Auto hold function: not having to keep foot on break at lights, drive thru

Nav could not find a Wal-Mart in Bentonville Ar. Wal-Marts hometown. Address' ok. Dealer installed BT would not work with phone & Nav to display phone contacts or provide ability to use steering wheel functions for truely "hands free" phone use. Heated steering wheel option, could use 1 sub woofer.

As Good as it Looks
By Brian

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Car has exceeded expectations, even for a VW buff. Great handling, acceleration along with economy (25-34 mpg). Quality is evident everywhere. Heated seats are 'wonderbar'. Absolutely no flaws to date.

Comfortable seats and ride. Handling and high speed driving with no drama

nothing yet. maybe diesel option would be the cherry on top

disappointed & frustrated
By Karen Rutkoski

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my CC almost 1 yr ago; have only 6400 miles on it. It has been in for service 4x for check engine light. Was told 1st time that it was a computer error even though there was a distinct hard boiled egg smell coming from car. The 2nd time there was black smoke pouring from the exhaust. Fuel injector and a spark plug were replaced. Two days later light on again and was told it was "residue" that sensor was picking up. Now 1 month later light is on again along with a burning smell. The car drives with a "chugging" feel especially when I take foot off brake. Was told that a new sensor has been ordered. Don't see how that will fix the other issues. Am afraid to even drive the car!

Love the two tone interior, tons of storage space and the huge trunk.

Head rests are in the way when trying to see when backing up. Owners manual could be more user friendly.

Awesome!!
By jaime

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am happy to write a review on my cc. I needed a car to move around town, I average 120 miles a day commuting. I looked at lexus iseries and bmw 3 series but wanted something different . This car gets so much attention,, everyone says it's the prettiest vw they have seen. It is so fun to drive i hardly feel the commute and don't mind getting on the road. It has never given me any mechanical problems and feels as new and exciting to drive even today after over 30k miles. I highly recommend it and plan on keeping it for a very long time. If you enjoy driving a quality car and don't care for flashy brand names and still like to stand out from the rest of the sheep this is the car for you!

exterior design, comfortable interior and simple display panel....

diesel or hybrid version in the future

Lovely to look at delightful to drive
By Jerry Henricks

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for more than a year. It is the first automatic transmission I have had for three decades - no participation like having a 6 speed manual. I love everything about it regarding superior styling, very quiet, steering and handling. The quality shows in everything it does. The two tone leather seating gives it a lot of panache. The heater/air conditioning is terrific once you've let it do its thing. I have the 'jet airplane impeller" set of wheels - the coupe de grace. The seating comfort makes it a real road runner. Gets 21 mpg around town (driven hard) and 29 on interstates. No problems other than a rim and tire from a road hazard. You're going to love it! I sure do.

The so called 4 door coupe design is the basis of what makes this VW unique. The direct injection makes torque what small displacement sport cars I've owned always wanted. Actually, it has too many features for my taste - weight and cost are the result.

Two items have really bothered me - I cannot have my CD and radio when parked with the engine off - only with ignition, grill lights stay on! VW says the need for the music storage disc is the culprit. Also, poor visibility - good out the windshield but a maze when looking to enter traffic and park

• SUV