2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
alignment
By victor on 08/12/09 19:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

bought car beginning of August. has been in shop longer than it has been at home. Alignment problem, let go of steering wheel and drifts drastically to the right. Service guy has been much help, even though 3 technicians have tried to resolve problem. Latest attempt was to replace all tires, another alignment, and balancing. We'll see what happens. Haven't had time to really test drive it myself since I've been out of town on business. Will keep you posted. Really like the style, inside and out, but we'll see.

I'm converted!
By Sarah on 08/07/09 05:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Is it so wrong to want to sleep in my car? I went from a SUV to this, and it is a major shock. I can now accelerate on every corner instead of braking. It's very low to the ground, so it will take me a while to get used to. I bought the VR-6 Sport Blue Exterior, two toned leather interior with Nav, etc. I love the ride - very comfortable seats. The Nav system is awesome so if you can get it, do so. I'm a bit of a techie so there are plenty of buttons for me to push to satisfy the need. Yesterday I found out I have a USB port in my glovebox. I have a rearview camera that shows what's behind me when I go in reverse, and has lines to show what my path is depending on my wheel position.

Such a fun car
By MarcoN on 07/31/09 23:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So, I had to come back to Edmunds and write a review. We debated over the CC, and the somewhat comparably priced entry levels from Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi. Hard choice picking the VW over the "luxury" brands, but I have to tell you that it was definitely worth the name plate trade off. Extremely well built, solid car; very fun to drive, with a lot of pep for a 4-cylinder; like others have noted, unlike the entry level luxs, you will get plenty of looks. So many people have stopped my wife and me and asked what type of car it was, or just complimented the style and look. We bought a luxury model fully loaded (backup camera, bluetooth, nav, etc.) in the blue/gray. Would recommend to anyone.

Great Experience
By MRod on 07/20/09 18:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the car in February but waited to put a few thousand miles on the car before writing the review. The car runs like a dream and the 4 cyl turbo is all the engine great around town and on the highway. The interior is a key component of any car I purchase and I have to say I absolutely love the interior. It rivals the interior of any Audi. The exterior is beautiful and turns heads everywhere. I bought the shadow blue with the two tone interior and its a real pleasure to have in my driveway. I regularly drive 200 miles between NY and Pennsylvania and can only say the car is rock solid at speed (autobahn like). Around town smooth and responsive. Previously owned 2004 Acura TL. Buy it.

What a VW!!
By Dr Dan on 07/20/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the best car we have owned. Drives great, looks great. Gave it to my wife as a birthday present. She loves the blue color and the numerous features the car has. We have taken it on two trips and it has done great. People stare at it when we stop at lights and restaurants. VW has done a great job on this one. This is our third VW. Happy Driving!!

Major Water Leak Problem
By Rob on 07/19/09 07:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I cannot give this car a fully neutral review, because I have a design problem that ruins the ownership experience for me. After any significant rain fall, the doors fill up with water that does not drain out until the doors are opened. The problem is particularly bad in the rear doors. A full day after a rainfall, if you open a rear door for the first time, water will gush out on your feet. My local dealer knows of no known fix for this problem and I have read of this problem elsewhere on the net. When winter comes this water will become ice. This problem is too big to ignore or tolerate. Caution !

Sleek Baby!
By Tony on 07/16/09 08:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing car. The performance/luxury/value equation on the CC Sport (or Luxury) is very high. The amount of style (beautiful inside and out), performance (sub 7 sec 0-60 with the manual), fuel economy (30+ on the hwy and 24ish around town), and standard features puts this car in a class by itself. It really stands out on the road in a sea of forgetable family sedans. The get up and go has really surprised me; you find yourself over the posted speed limit in no time and the power delivery is so smooth, you would never know this is a 4 banger. Build quality is top notch and even the standard radio is solid. The one down side...the steering is a little too light. Otherwise, well done VW!

Best bang for the buck
By E.T. on 07/16/09 07:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Came off of lease on a Lexus RX-350 and was looking for something less expensive with better mileage. Was seriously looking at the Passat wagon when I caught sight of the CC, sat in it, and ultimately test drove it. That was it...sold! I have owned other German luxury sedans... Audi, BMW, and currently a Mercedes E350 (our other vehicle). From an engineering and design standpoint, the CC is a home run for VW and the best value in the industry. Remarkable acceleration from the 2.0L turbo 4, great handling, beautiful design inside & out. If they could have made the sunroof retractable, this car would be near perfect.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Rich D on 07/13/09 23:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is an absolutely outstanding vehicle in all respects. Having owned every major luxury brand - Posche, Mercedes, BMW, Acura, Lexus, etc., this might be the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. It is aesthetically nearly perfect in design, pulling .93 lateral G's, it corners like it is on rails, has a beautiful engine with great sound and flawless transmission and ergonomics only the Germans can design. This is an incredibly well balanced car in all respects. In addition it receives the highest ratings by the IIHS in frontal, side and rear collisions and is one of their "all star" picks. What else could you ask for?

I am not sure this is really a VW!
By mowgli on 07/13/09 10:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

drives great. The AWD car has wonderful road feel. The car is comfortable. Its unique, you do not see yourself coming and going. Only negative is the roof line, i.e.,rear seat passengers need to be reminded of roof line so they do not hit their head getting in and out of car, front seat needs to be as low as possible to make it easier for anyone over 5" 8" to get in and out as well. Once in, very, very comfortable all around. Only other real negative for me is that phone book does not download to bluetooth system. Overall, this is unlike any VW I have ever been in (Other then perhaps the Phaeton). I would prefer a dealer network more like Audi, BMW or Audi but like lower $.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*