2009 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
The right Ride
By cbroo on 11/13/09 13:09 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a beautifully styled car. I love the pick-up, the interior and had no major problems (only a small issue with the module that controls the radio). An outstanding car for the price. I changed from Volvo and never look back.

Why did we wait so long?
By wayne on 11/11/09 13:06 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Visited the dealer in fall of '08 to experience the new Jetta Sportwagen to replace our valued 2000 Jetta TDI and almost tripped over my tongue salivating over this unbadged model. We just could not decide because they each offered specific lifestyle features we valued. Finally chose the VR6-4Motion and have not regretted it one bit. The handling is fantastic! Design is ahead of the crowd. In 7K miles the low is 24mpg and the high is 31. Extremely comfortable for long business trips. Have owned a lot of vehicles over 1.6M miles of driving and still have the 911 and H1 Hummer but this is the one that always gets driven.

2009 VR-6 Great Deal
By HoustonJR on 11/10/09 17:14 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Replacing 2002 Passat. Vehicle is much quicker and more fun to drive. Got a great deal on a VR-6 model, paid $29.2K in Houston, TX. Have put 1000 highway miles on it and it's very comfortable. Averaged 28 mpg.

Still going strong
By attaymik on 11/10/09 10:28 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my CC almost a year and overall, I'm extremely satisfied with my car. I had an issue with the AC compressor and it took about 3 weeks for the dealer to get the part in (from Germany no less), test and repair. I was annoyed by that, but more at the way it was handled by the Dealer. During that spell, I limited the amount of time I drove the car because it was hot and no air! The iPod adpater works great w/my iPhone but has to be constantly plugged/unplugged with my Nano, might be the Nano. Other than that, I've had no other issues. It's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage and I still receive compliment after compliment. I still love my car.

This Car is a Winner!
By Bette on 11/09/09 20:41 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drive an average of 800 miles a week and I'm still amazed at its comfort, performance, style, and value. Like driving it more than my BMW 530I...and receive way more compliments. Surprisingly good gas 30-33 highway, 25 avg MPG. Great traction, torque and overall performance. At first glance easy to confuse for the Mercedes CLS.

Very Impressed
By Eric Sands on 11/05/09 12:09 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine for about 3 months now. I love the way it drives. Very German. Sporty. Stiff but not jarring at all. Very quiet cabin at highway speeds. Quality craftmanship interior and exterior. I love the simplistic layout of the cockpit. There is just enough to give you the info you need, without cluttering up the dash with useless trinkets and faux finishes. The brushed aluminum is real. No problems so far. I am a little disappointed in the gas mileage. Nowhere near advertised. They stated 27 mpg highway. I do 95% of my driving on the highway and I never hit traffic and I am getting about 23 mpg. That will add up quite a it over the years...

A True Nightmare
By wr0108 on 10/28/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I will try to keep this as short and to the point. I was extremely excited about my 2009 new lease - a truly beautiful car. Within 4 days of leaving the lot, the steering sensor light went on. It has been back to the dealership 3 times for that problem, in addition they found a leaking coolant system on one return and now it is again in the dealership for a leak on the rear passenger floorboard --- eight days and counting for the leak and another loss of the car of 3 weeks for the steering light issue. It is a true Lemon. I know its hard to believe because of the looks and design but i am just relaying my issues. When its not in the shop, its a great car but... Beware.

Driver Drving AWAY
By David Chochol on 10/28/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

CC brought me back and is now Driving me away. I can't wait to trade it on a LS430 Lexus. Stain in the rear window will not come out with anything! Seems to be the plastic melted into the glass. Sand grinding sound in the steering colunm which was replaced @ 2,700 miles, 700 on the miles driving back and forth to the dealer. Ebrake fully killed battery(dealer said no) the is a service recall,(NHTSA Item Number: 10029084) Only 2000 miles. Paint has Flaws on trunk. FLOOR MAT get folded under your feet liek Toyota. Speedo is OFF 4 MPH. 65 is actally 61. VW dealer said this is accepted. BS.

cool car. some draw backs
By RE on 10/20/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Style is obviously good. But the interior (radio and environmental) is not that impressive. The fan comes on full speed with a twist of the temp control and other buttons/knobs... I find it pretty annoying. The leather seems pretty cheesy. If you put something lightly heavy on the seats it show an indentation forever. I have the std. Speaker system installed. The sound quality is not horrible, but its pretty bad. The speedo is also off by one mph. At night the interior lights do night dime enough. It gets pretty bright once your eyes adjust to dark.

beautiful but fragile
By patrick800 on 10/19/09 18:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A real looker. Nice exterior and interior. Nice engine sound, good performance and decent fuel economy. Enormous trunk. Water leakage issues, water infiltration in rear taillights and mirror lights, fixed by dealer. many dash rattles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen CC in VA is:

$121 per month*