2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
disappointed & frustrated
By Karen Rutkoski on 02/08/10 08:38 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my CC almost 1 yr ago; have only 6400 miles on it. It has been in for service 4x for check engine light. Was told 1st time that it was a computer error even though there was a distinct hard boiled egg smell coming from car. The 2nd time there was black smoke pouring from the exhaust. Fuel injector and a spark plug were replaced. Two days later light on again and was told it was "residue" that sensor was picking up. Now 1 month later light is on again along with a burning smell. The car drives with a "chugging" feel especially when I take foot off brake. Was told that a new sensor has been ordered. Don't see how that will fix the other issues. Am afraid to even drive the car!

Awesome!!
By jaime on 02/06/10 18:55 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am happy to write a review on my cc. I needed a car to move around town, I average 120 miles a day commuting. I looked at lexus iseries and bmw 3 series but wanted something different . This car gets so much attention,, everyone says it's the prettiest vw they have seen. It is so fun to drive i hardly feel the commute and don't mind getting on the road. It has never given me any mechanical problems and feels as new and exciting to drive even today after over 30k miles. I highly recommend it and plan on keeping it for a very long time. If you enjoy driving a quality car and don't care for flashy brand names and still like to stand out from the rest of the sheep this is the car for you!

Lovely to look at delightful to drive
By Jerry Henricks on 02/04/10 09:50 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for more than a year. It is the first automatic transmission I have had for three decades - no participation like having a 6 speed manual. I love everything about it regarding superior styling, very quiet, steering and handling. The quality shows in everything it does. The two tone leather seating gives it a lot of panache. The heater/air conditioning is terrific once you've let it do its thing. I have the 'jet airplane impeller" set of wheels - the coupe de grace. The seating comfort makes it a real road runner. Gets 21 mpg around town (driven hard) and 29 on interstates. No problems other than a rim and tire from a road hazard. You're going to love it! I sure do.

My Stellar CC
By Charlie on 01/29/10 05:10 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the car for 7 months now, added the gold coast accessories package on a white gold CC VR6 4Motion. I get stopped weekly at gas stations, stores, starbucks etc people asking what kind of car. if you are bored of today's boring designs and average ride quality, just go buy one. this car stands entirely above it's base 26k price.

4-Motion is KING in snow!
By Steven on 01/27/10 10:31 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my VW CC with slight hesitation as I originally did not want the VR6 4-motion. What I originally wanted was a VR6 Sport with black or silver exterior w/ navigation. The vehicle that fit my description was not available at my local dealer but they did have a VR6 4-Motion in Iron Gray ext w/navi (64mi on the ODM) with huge discount on the price as they were already getting in MY10s. So I took it. It took me a while to get used to the ext color but I instantly fell in love with the car when winter came with heavy snow. The 4-motion makes driving in Michigan snow weather so easy when I compare it to my previous MY2000 BMW 323i. No slips or ESC/TCS lights blinking...just WONDERFUL!

Bang Bang for the buck
By Mark on 12/29/09 11:30 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing styling (Mercedes CLS lines) that constantly gets compliments with an interior superior to that of the latest Audi A4. This is the base model with so many options and power I don't know why you would need the upgrade package considering its lofty price tag. Good mileage - week and a half per tank (27 avg. mpg). If this is the future of VW, autobahn driving will have Bavarian Motor Works in their rearview.

Yee-hah!
By welby on 12/29/09 00:29 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I spent a great deal of time shopping and researching before buying this car. I test drove Audis, Infiniti Gs, BMW 3 series, Volvos and others. The CC took the cake. And, in the end, only BMW's 335i felt more muscular. Aesthetically, inside and out the CC seems near perfect; mine is white and, simply put, only a Mercedes CLS looks better. Once you sit in this thing everything else feels cheap and gimmicky. In terms of performance, I love driving this car. It's brawny when you want it to be, but it can double as a comfortable commuter. Edmunds is ho-hum about the V6 4Montion, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The powerful engine and all wheel drive are well worth the extra money.

My first but not last VW
By Bob on 12/18/09 11:15 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this in Fall when my previous car started having engine problems. I was looking at comparing the Lux and VR6, but the deal was too good to pass up ($ off due to age of car). So I found this car that had all the features I wanted, for a great price and quality of German Engineering. I love how the seats hug my body while driving. The other nice feature is the back seat pass-though in the center. This feature allows 4 people and skis to comfortably fit in the car. The 60/40 split seats are also nice when transporting other larger items. My friend bought his Jetta TDI from this same place after enjoying the ride in my car. I hope this is still around when it's time for a new car.

Small Design Flaws Looking Rearwards
By Joel on 12/08/09 08:52 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The only thing that I do not care for about the CC at this point is looking rearwards when it is raining. The angle of the rear window does not allow sufficient water to drain (it stands), and there is no wiper. And the design of the side rearview mirrors also allow water to accumulate. And this is even with using products to improve water run- off.

No regrets
By tk on 11/21/09 12:08 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It is 5 days since I bought a 09 CC and it is official - no buyer's remorse. It is every bit as good as it looks. Drives like a charm, fun to handle and it surrounds u with luxury that is affordable compared to BMW 328(most boring car in this price range) /Audi A4/Accura - they simply do not match the style and finish of this baby. My kids love it and for a change my wife congratulated me on the selection - well that is quite an achievement :)!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan in VA is:

$120 per month*