Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Best looking car and value on the market
By Greg

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The CC has the looks of the C-class, but for half the money. Even the back seat is larger than the C. I bought the black on black Luxury with Technology package and BlueTooth. We wanted the better MPG than the 6. So far, very happy. Haven't figured out the hard drive yet, but, you can watch a DVD on the NAV screen. Pretty cool.

Technology system, seating, exterior design, rear legroom, clean dash, large trunk, folding rear seats.

I rarely slide the sunroof back, so, this is not a problem for me. It gives another inch of headroom than the Sport.

James Bond meets NASCAR
By Russ

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my old dapper 2003 Passat V6 4Motion for this bigger, wilder animal. V6 is extraordinarily responsive and gets better mileage than I feared-- about 30 on the highway, maybe 15 in town, a few mpg better than my old Passat. Although steering gives less feedback, as others have said, it corners precisely and enthusiastically while the wide, low tires grip tenaciously. Slaloming at high speed on twists and around corners at night, watching pivoting headlights track is a sublimely James Bond movie experience. No defects after 3-plus weeks. Ride is a little busy, but comfortable seats absorb little bumps well. Much appreciated front legroom, good GPS.

Almost unique beauty inside and out and more aggressive stance than Mercedes CLS, warp engine, tires, room, comfort, supercool backup camera displaying gridlines where steering will put you, supercool Tucker-mobile pivoting headlights, roomy trunk with folding backseats (finally!).

Wide sunroof lets in light, but lets out only a little air thru popup vent. Roof too low for 6' like me in back seat, despite generous legroom; USB MP3 and SDHC compatibility hit and miss, mostly excellent parking alarms can't detect high front curbs, transmission whiny at low speeds

Love This Car
By TC in NJ

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I too am on my third VW (Jetta, Passat, now CC). I love this car. It looks and feels like a much more expensive car. The outside styling captivated me, but I love the way it handles and the sleek interor as well. Great soundsystem. So far my gas mileage is running on the high end of the range. Once I drove this, I dropped all thought of a more expensive BMW.

The styling, no question. It drew me to the car and makes heads turn. Love the soundsystem. Even love the bag hook in the trunk.

Biggest issue to me was the non-opening roof. Since I've been driving the CC, I do notice the blind spots are bigger than my 2003 Passat - but you have to remember the kind of car the CC is.

Great Car....but
By Scott

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only had this car in my garage for a few days - I too think the styling, performance (for a turbo 4 cyl.) and overall level of quality is great for a vehicle at this price level. I am very pleased so far and will update this review in a few months. However, for $32K+ the owner's manual leaves a lot to be desired - what's written and what I've got don't always seem to be the same. No information on the stereo/radio/sat/CD is provided and that's a bit of a frustration. Apparently there's no Blutooth cell system that uses the MFD or at least that my dealer was aware of. The panoramic sunroof is a waste of material. I still think this a great car even with a few shortcomings.

Sleek style and performance.

A better owner's manual, Bluetooth and a real sunroof.

Stunned
By Brian

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If you're in the market for a sleek, classy & sporty sedan without the high $30K price tag - this is undeniably the only choice. A comparably equipped Altima, Accord or Camry costs more, yet this car easily matches the A4, 3 Series and IS in quality and style. I pulled up to my bank the day after I bought this and this gal pulled in beside me in her new 3 series. Her buyer's remorse gaze at my new ride as was unmistakable. This car wants for nothing in style or performance. If I wanted a monster fast sports performer, I'd buy a GTR. This car has everything and then some - all for $10K less than the usual suspects.

The styling is sleek, the interior is first class, the performance instills pride. I still see heads turning in my rear view wherever I go.

Nada - this car is perfect from every angle or reason.