Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Water Retention (rear doors)
By DGrant

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my VW CC for 7 months now and I'm still in love with it. Not only does it perform and ride well, it's an attention getter. However, the issue of water retention in the rear doors is annoying. With every heavy rain, I'm opening the rear doors to release the water, and checking the floor for wetness.

I'm impressed with the the sleek exterior design.

Rear door water drainage, side view mirrors are too small. There are blind spots (especially on the drivers' side).

Fun & reliable car with water issues
By Hello

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have already put over 10,000 miles on my new VW. I searched for awhile before purchasing it. I looked at new Honda Accord, new Nissan Altima, a used BMW 3 series and many more, but decided to go with the VW CC. This is the first VW I have ever owned. I have had it in the shop a couple of times already. The first problem was the speedometer was fluctuating. They replaced it with a new one, but I do notice it is off by one mile from the electronic display. The second and major issue is the doors are holding water. The back right side door especially is holding water. They are not sure how to fix it, but I did hear a service bulletin is coming out on this issue.

My favorite features is the driving experience.

Better build quality.

Great Car!
By Luis @ Houston

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car. $70k style with $30k price. 2lt turbo is adequate. 4- seat concept is nice. It developed a water leak inside but VW of America called me to bring to the shop to have it fixed. They know now the door seals accumulate water and are fixing. Great styling outside and inside. Good motor. turbo boost. Great seats. I'm 5'9" married no kids and car is perfect for us.

Back-up rearview camera. Navigation system. Hard-drive disk in stereo. In- Dash screen. Outside styling is great. Seats are super gripping.

More engine power. Paddle shifters.

Best looking car on the road today
By Greg

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked at the Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Acura's. The CC looks better than all of them, and has an incredibly large trunk, with a back-seat that also folds down. The technology package is awesome - even accepts a mini-flash card for music, and play's DVD movies while waiting. Another cool feature is the "auto-hold' brake. It automatically holds the car until you press the accelerator - great in rush hour traffic. This is a great car and excellent value. It's design will last at least 10 years or more.

GPS, Hard drive player, DVD player, cornering headlights that auto-dim after the turn, style, seating, fold-down rear seat, large trunk, tech styling inside, awesome grill and rear deck. Perfect.

Kids complain backseat is a little stiff after a long drive. Ride can be a little rough on bumps - EOS rides smoother.

Water Leakage
By Stephen (Dallas, TX)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a wonderful car! VW has done a great job. Sleek,total head turner. I love that it has no model on the outside.One major flaw is water holding in the doors.Especially the rear doors. I noticed it immediately. After being washed or rain it holds in the doors. It will soak your shoes. Waited to have it address at the first free maintenance (10K). My area experienced a lot of rain a few days before taking it. I happened to notice the water is now inside the car. Back right floor board is soaked. I let the service man experience the woosh of water in the svc bay. They found water in the front as well. Now 3 days in the shop. They are clueless at this point. Send me suggestions!

Water leakage resolve. Option for a bit more pep under the hood.