Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

I'm converted!
By Sarah

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Is it so wrong to want to sleep in my car? I went from a SUV to this, and it is a major shock. I can now accelerate on every corner instead of braking. It's very low to the ground, so it will take me a while to get used to. I bought the VR-6 Sport Blue Exterior, two toned leather interior with Nav, etc. I love the ride - very comfortable seats. The Nav system is awesome so if you can get it, do so. I'm a bit of a techie so there are plenty of buttons for me to push to satisfy the need. Yesterday I found out I have a USB port in my glovebox. I have a rearview camera that shows what's behind me when I go in reverse, and has lines to show what my path is depending on my wheel position.

Inside, I love the seats and navigation system (my old one was stone-age compared to this) and outside I love the body style and my wheels. Definitely a head-turner. Also huge trunk, could fit a circus in there.

Since it's so low, I'm having a hard time trying not to bump my head when getting in. I would like to see the sun- roof slide back and the back seat have room for 3, not two. I have 3 kids so either the smallest or my fiancee will have to sit in trunk (see above comment about trunk space)..just kidding

Such a fun car
By MarcoN

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So, I had to come back to Edmunds and write a review. We debated over the CC, and the somewhat comparably priced entry levels from Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi. Hard choice picking the VW over the "luxury" brands, but I have to tell you that it was definitely worth the name plate trade off. Extremely well built, solid car; very fun to drive, with a lot of pep for a 4-cylinder; like others have noted, unlike the entry level luxs, you will get plenty of looks. So many people have stopped my wife and me and asked what type of car it was, or just complimented the style and look. We bought a luxury model fully loaded (backup camera, bluetooth, nav, etc.) in the blue/gray. Would recommend to anyone.

Solidly built. Great style inside and out. Nav system is great, and easy to use. Get the backup camera, as the rear sight lines are not the best, plus it has a great backup guidance system. Good sound system with 30gb HD and media inputs. Lot of power out of the 4-cylinder turbo. Great gas mileage.

Tilting moon roof is great, but a sliding sunroof would be better (but I understand why). Ipod connector should come as standard cord option (have to spend $40 to buy). Car is a little low to the ground, and not the easiest to get in and out of. Floor mats (both standard and rubber)are a bit cheap.

Great Experience
By MRod

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the car in February but waited to put a few thousand miles on the car before writing the review. The car runs like a dream and the 4 cyl turbo is all the engine great around town and on the highway. The interior is a key component of any car I purchase and I have to say I absolutely love the interior. It rivals the interior of any Audi. The exterior is beautiful and turns heads everywhere. I bought the shadow blue with the two tone interior and its a real pleasure to have in my driveway. I regularly drive 200 miles between NY and Pennsylvania and can only say the car is rock solid at speed (autobahn like). Around town smooth and responsive. Previously owned 2004 Acura TL. Buy it.

Comfy seats on long drives, clean dash, technology package, and surprisingly for a german car, the Navigation is decent. Much better than my wifes 2008 A4. No complaints, the car is a ten.

Better feed back from the brakes. The modulation is a little softer than I prefer, but there is still good stopping power with little fade.

What a VW!!
By Dr Dan

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the best car we have owned. Drives great, looks great. Gave it to my wife as a birthday present. She loves the blue color and the numerous features the car has. We have taken it on two trips and it has done great. People stare at it when we stop at lights and restaurants. VW has done a great job on this one. This is our third VW. Happy Driving!!

Looks and performance.

None

Major Water Leak Problem
By Rob

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I cannot give this car a fully neutral review, because I have a design problem that ruins the ownership experience for me. After any significant rain fall, the doors fill up with water that does not drain out until the doors are opened. The problem is particularly bad in the rear doors. A full day after a rainfall, if you open a rear door for the first time, water will gush out on your feet. My local dealer knows of no known fix for this problem and I have read of this problem elsewhere on the net. When winter comes this water will become ice. This problem is too big to ignore or tolerate. Caution !