Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Great Experience
By MRod

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the car in February but waited to put a few thousand miles on the car before writing the review. The car runs like a dream and the 4 cyl turbo is all the engine great around town and on the highway. The interior is a key component of any car I purchase and I have to say I absolutely love the interior. It rivals the interior of any Audi. The exterior is beautiful and turns heads everywhere. I bought the shadow blue with the two tone interior and its a real pleasure to have in my driveway. I regularly drive 200 miles between NY and Pennsylvania and can only say the car is rock solid at speed (autobahn like). Around town smooth and responsive. Previously owned 2004 Acura TL. Buy it.

Favorite Features

Comfy seats on long drives, clean dash, technology package, and surprisingly for a german car, the Navigation is decent. Much better than my wifes 2008 A4. No complaints, the car is a ten.

Suggested Improvements

Better feed back from the brakes. The modulation is a little softer than I prefer, but there is still good stopping power with little fade.

What a VW!!
By Dr Dan

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the best car we have owned. Drives great, looks great. Gave it to my wife as a birthday present. She loves the blue color and the numerous features the car has. We have taken it on two trips and it has done great. People stare at it when we stop at lights and restaurants. VW has done a great job on this one. This is our third VW. Happy Driving!!

Favorite Features

Looks and performance.

Suggested Improvements

None

Major Water Leak Problem
By Rob

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I cannot give this car a fully neutral review, because I have a design problem that ruins the ownership experience for me. After any significant rain fall, the doors fill up with water that does not drain out until the doors are opened. The problem is particularly bad in the rear doors. A full day after a rainfall, if you open a rear door for the first time, water will gush out on your feet. My local dealer knows of no known fix for this problem and I have read of this problem elsewhere on the net. When winter comes this water will become ice. This problem is too big to ignore or tolerate. Caution !

Sleek Baby!
By Tony

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing car. The performance/luxury/value equation on the CC Sport (or Luxury) is very high. The amount of style (beautiful inside and out), performance (sub 7 sec 0-60 with the manual), fuel economy (30+ on the hwy and 24ish around town), and standard features puts this car in a class by itself. It really stands out on the road in a sea of forgetable family sedans. The get up and go has really surprised me; you find yourself over the posted speed limit in no time and the power delivery is so smooth, you would never know this is a 4 banger. Build quality is top notch and even the standard radio is solid. The one down side...the steering is a little too light. Otherwise, well done VW!

Favorite Features

Styling, styling, styling!!; performance; slick six speed manual transmission; loads of standard features; 3 year free maint

Suggested Improvements

Steering too light

Best bang for the buck
By E.T.

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Came off of lease on a Lexus RX-350 and was looking for something less expensive with better mileage. Was seriously looking at the Passat wagon when I caught sight of the CC, sat in it, and ultimately test drove it. That was it...sold! I have owned other German luxury sedans... Audi, BMW, and currently a Mercedes E350 (our other vehicle). From an engineering and design standpoint, the CC is a home run for VW and the best value in the industry. Remarkable acceleration from the 2.0L turbo 4, great handling, beautiful design inside & out. If they could have made the sunroof retractable, this car would be near perfect.

Favorite Features

Design, handling & acceleration, seats (great support), steering wheel, lighting, stereo system, ultrasonic parking assist warnings.

Suggested Improvements

Sliding sunroof. Blue tooth as standard. This is a nit, but the only place the car falls short design wise is in the dashboard, which is a plain vanilla Passat dash. At least offer a wood grained option to give the dash the extra panache to match the rest of the car's great design esthetic