2009 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
HappyTrails
By Dick Scott on 03/06/09 10:36 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has made my parting with my 17 year old SAAB 9000 Turbo 5M a lot easier than expected. The looks, sport ride, electronics, etc., etc., are outstanding. It's so quiet I have to watch my speed!! The 4 banger with the 6M is a great match. The thought that has gone into the interior lay out is impressive. I am quickly bonding with my "baby blue".

No memory seat for base model
By cc lover on 03/05/09 08:17 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Memory seat was one of my reason to choose this car. But,after purchasing my cc base model, I found out Edmunds.com provided wrong information in available features. Memory seat is not standard in base model. it is available at luxury and above models. I am disappointed about Edmunds.com's accuracy but extremely enjoying my new cc. I am just wondering about comment below by "Liz" sounds like memory seat for base model(2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Much Improved Over Passat
By Liz on 02/24/09 19:44 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This CC has caused a sensation at work and the car wash; people want to know what it is since there is no name on the car. I've only seen one other on the road. The quality and reliability (thus far) are vastly superior to my former Passat. Standard features compare very favorably to baseline Hondas, Toyotas, Minis, other German autos, etc. Heated seats are wonderful on cold mornings. The two tone interior gets envious stares! Power memory for 3 seat settings works well for each of us in my family.

People Love this Car
By bmw to vw on 02/22/09 07:29 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As a four time BMW owner, I had some anxiety about purchasing this car. However, no longer. The ride is sporty-stiff. Driving this vehicle is fun -- whether you're loafing along or having a little fun in the sport mode. The design is so innovative and fresh that people comment. Faced with the choice of BMW, Mercedes or Infiniti -- I am thrilled to report that two months with this car has been great. Only two things to consider: because the car is so low, entry into the vehicle might be difficult for some people AND the sunroof only tilts -- What a car.

Superb Car for the price
By Antonio Carrera on 02/19/09 22:04 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Easily beats any MB, Audi or BMW in the same price range, has a great number of standard options included, handling and power are very good. Great leather seats and ergonomics. Was very surprised when I did the test drive.

The Best Luxury Car for the Price!!
By ABS on 02/18/09 07:16 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I work for an Audi Dealer and find that the CC is superior in quality, especially in the doors. The doors are more solid, the handles inside and out have a nice feeling of strength and have a luxury tactility. The standard features of Auto headlights with coming home and leaving home, rain sensing wipers, self dimming rear view mirrors, bag hook in trunk, and a 6 cd changer on the CC may only be had in an A4 with a $4000 package! The styling is very unique and very seductive and intriguing. The interior is very luxurious and very well thought out. Everything lies in an intuitive spot. The steering feel is better than the 09 A4, and the handling is tighter as well as more compliant.

Love the car - but prefer stick shift
By joey on 02/17/09 16:32 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Having recently moved from Germany, this is my first car in the US. And while I really love the CC -- kudos for the other reviewers who I concur with on all the pros and favorites -- I had to make a hard compromise: In Germany, all VWs have manual transmission by default, automatic being an option. Here, stick shift isn't even an option (except in the Sport trim, which doesn't allow the selection of sunroof, dynaudio or navi options). Yes, we're in the US but I would like to give VW a gentle nudge about heritage! As soon as VW fixes this, I'll replace my current CC! Side note: Why is a headliner called headliner? Maybe because your head touches it if you exceed 6 feet on the back seat :-)

My first German car
By CC Rider on 02/17/09 05:58 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my CC,Lux, 2 litre for 2 weeks now. It is a blast to drive! The 2 litre engine is plenty powerful, and there is no need for more. Manumatic transmission is fun and quick. The handling is tight and responsive, and it is remarkably quiet on the highway. I am coming from 12 years of Acura RLs. The seats are extremely comfortable and supportive, the back seats are big enough for my two teenage girls. Biggest downside, so far, is that there are large blind spots over the left and right shoulders. Rear seat headrests get in the way of my wife's view out the back. Mileage, so far, has been 27 highway (averaging 80 mph) and 20 around town. Not yet broken in, though.

So Happy!
By new CC Sport owner on 02/15/09 13:56 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Proud owner of a CC Sport model. Was going to buy an Accord EX-L. Bought CC instead for less money and it is so much more car. Nothing at this price point rivals this car. The car is a dream to drive. Great acceleration at any speed and superb handling. The fit and finish is impressive as well. Such a simple, straight-forward dash design. Everyone asks what kind of car it is. No one can believe it is a VW. I set out to buy a practical family sedan (2 kids) and bought a thrilling sport sedan/coupe instead. Love the seats, front and back. Again, for this price, nothing comes close. Iron Grey is a great color.

Great car ruined by one major flaw
By Joe on 02/14/09 18:57 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am having a love/hate relationship with my CC. The interior and exterior styling are dramatic and pleasing. I have never gotten more "thumbs up" and favorable parking lot comments. The build quality is first-rate. The turbocharged four delivers great performance with truly amazing fuel economy. The value for the money is absolutely out of this world -- nobody sells more car than this for the $27,000 I paid. The dealer experience could not be better. But I am being driven to distraction by the artificial, electronic power steering, which alternates between totally numb and far too much resistance.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen CC in VA is:

$120 per month*