Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

New Owner 2 day review CC SPORT VR6
By sumncguy

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

5/7 220lb no problem getting in/out, plenty leg/head room. Drver Seat setting allows ample leg room rear seat rider. Config of the dash controls, 1st glance, easily found/used while driving. Over done interior electronics most I will never use. A good reason to get the warranty. VW should offer VR6 with less fluff. If they did I would have purchased that model instead. Performance/handling quite good both in twisties & on the slab. slow at the starts. Rougher back roads reminded me I was in a smaller car. Performance/steering wasnt inhibited crests/valleys are felt more. Mirror/through window views unobstructed. Ill be back with an updated review.

Exterior styling / interior styling $29,713 leftover tag. Fuel mileage, VR6 Power. 3/36 no charge service. 5/60000 no charge drive train warranty.

offer a trimmed back model of the VR6 Sport with less interior electronics/toys. Its a Volkswagen, change the horn tone to the Bugs meep meep tone.

steering/alignment
By victor

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Follow-up review. 5 alignments, 4 new tires, replace rack & pinion component, balancing, 5 test drives, different technicians and only 1500 miles. What can I say, "lemon". Even after test drive with service techs and service manager which in fact concurs with me that car still pulls to the right. Service manager and VW rep states that this normal and is within specs. I say if this normal for this type of car it should be revealed to the customer, I myself wouldn't have bought it, who wants to buy new expensive tires and alignment often? if you do own this type of car, give it a test drive focusing on how straight the car drives when letting go of the wheel momentarily. Safety, utmost concern

Make the car go straight, without putting constant pressure on the steering wheel opposite of where it is pulling.

alignment
By victor

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

bought car beginning of August. has been in shop longer than it has been at home. Alignment problem, let go of steering wheel and drifts drastically to the right. Service guy has been much help, even though 3 technicians have tried to resolve problem. Latest attempt was to replace all tires, another alignment, and balancing. We'll see what happens. Haven't had time to really test drive it myself since I've been out of town on business. Will keep you posted. Really like the style, inside and out, but we'll see.

I'm converted!
By Sarah

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Is it so wrong to want to sleep in my car? I went from a SUV to this, and it is a major shock. I can now accelerate on every corner instead of braking. It's very low to the ground, so it will take me a while to get used to. I bought the VR-6 Sport Blue Exterior, two toned leather interior with Nav, etc. I love the ride - very comfortable seats. The Nav system is awesome so if you can get it, do so. I'm a bit of a techie so there are plenty of buttons for me to push to satisfy the need. Yesterday I found out I have a USB port in my glovebox. I have a rearview camera that shows what's behind me when I go in reverse, and has lines to show what my path is depending on my wheel position.

Inside, I love the seats and navigation system (my old one was stone-age compared to this) and outside I love the body style and my wheels. Definitely a head-turner. Also huge trunk, could fit a circus in there.

Since it's so low, I'm having a hard time trying not to bump my head when getting in. I would like to see the sun- roof slide back and the back seat have room for 3, not two. I have 3 kids so either the smallest or my fiancee will have to sit in trunk (see above comment about trunk space)..just kidding

Such a fun car
By MarcoN

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So, I had to come back to Edmunds and write a review. We debated over the CC, and the somewhat comparably priced entry levels from Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi. Hard choice picking the VW over the "luxury" brands, but I have to tell you that it was definitely worth the name plate trade off. Extremely well built, solid car; very fun to drive, with a lot of pep for a 4-cylinder; like others have noted, unlike the entry level luxs, you will get plenty of looks. So many people have stopped my wife and me and asked what type of car it was, or just complimented the style and look. We bought a luxury model fully loaded (backup camera, bluetooth, nav, etc.) in the blue/gray. Would recommend to anyone.

Solidly built. Great style inside and out. Nav system is great, and easy to use. Get the backup camera, as the rear sight lines are not the best, plus it has a great backup guidance system. Good sound system with 30gb HD and media inputs. Lot of power out of the 4-cylinder turbo. Great gas mileage.

Tilting moon roof is great, but a sliding sunroof would be better (but I understand why). Ipod connector should come as standard cord option (have to spend $40 to buy). Car is a little low to the ground, and not the easiest to get in and out of. Floor mats (both standard and rubber)are a bit cheap.