Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

steering/alignment
By victor

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Follow-up review. 5 alignments, 4 new tires, replace rack & pinion component, balancing, 5 test drives, different technicians and only 1500 miles. What can I say, "lemon". Even after test drive with service techs and service manager which in fact concurs with me that car still pulls to the right. Service manager and VW rep states that this normal and is within specs. I say if this normal for this type of car it should be revealed to the customer, I myself wouldn't have bought it, who wants to buy new expensive tires and alignment often? if you do own this type of car, give it a test drive focusing on how straight the car drives when letting go of the wheel momentarily. Safety, utmost concern

Suggested Improvements

Make the car go straight, without putting constant pressure on the steering wheel opposite of where it is pulling.

alignment
By victor

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

bought car beginning of August. has been in shop longer than it has been at home. Alignment problem, let go of steering wheel and drifts drastically to the right. Service guy has been much help, even though 3 technicians have tried to resolve problem. Latest attempt was to replace all tires, another alignment, and balancing. We'll see what happens. Haven't had time to really test drive it myself since I've been out of town on business. Will keep you posted. Really like the style, inside and out, but we'll see.

I'm converted!
By Sarah

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Is it so wrong to want to sleep in my car? I went from a SUV to this, and it is a major shock. I can now accelerate on every corner instead of braking. It's very low to the ground, so it will take me a while to get used to. I bought the VR-6 Sport Blue Exterior, two toned leather interior with Nav, etc. I love the ride - very comfortable seats. The Nav system is awesome so if you can get it, do so. I'm a bit of a techie so there are plenty of buttons for me to push to satisfy the need. Yesterday I found out I have a USB port in my glovebox. I have a rearview camera that shows what's behind me when I go in reverse, and has lines to show what my path is depending on my wheel position.

Favorite Features

Inside, I love the seats and navigation system (my old one was stone-age compared to this) and outside I love the body style and my wheels. Definitely a head-turner. Also huge trunk, could fit a circus in there.

Suggested Improvements

Since it's so low, I'm having a hard time trying not to bump my head when getting in. I would like to see the sun- roof slide back and the back seat have room for 3, not two. I have 3 kids so either the smallest or my fiancee will have to sit in trunk (see above comment about trunk space)..just kidding

Such a fun car
By MarcoN

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So, I had to come back to Edmunds and write a review. We debated over the CC, and the somewhat comparably priced entry levels from Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi. Hard choice picking the VW over the "luxury" brands, but I have to tell you that it was definitely worth the name plate trade off. Extremely well built, solid car; very fun to drive, with a lot of pep for a 4-cylinder; like others have noted, unlike the entry level luxs, you will get plenty of looks. So many people have stopped my wife and me and asked what type of car it was, or just complimented the style and look. We bought a luxury model fully loaded (backup camera, bluetooth, nav, etc.) in the blue/gray. Would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

Solidly built. Great style inside and out. Nav system is great, and easy to use. Get the backup camera, as the rear sight lines are not the best, plus it has a great backup guidance system. Good sound system with 30gb HD and media inputs. Lot of power out of the 4-cylinder turbo. Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Tilting moon roof is great, but a sliding sunroof would be better (but I understand why). Ipod connector should come as standard cord option (have to spend $40 to buy). Car is a little low to the ground, and not the easiest to get in and out of. Floor mats (both standard and rubber)are a bit cheap.

Great Experience
By MRod

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the car in February but waited to put a few thousand miles on the car before writing the review. The car runs like a dream and the 4 cyl turbo is all the engine great around town and on the highway. The interior is a key component of any car I purchase and I have to say I absolutely love the interior. It rivals the interior of any Audi. The exterior is beautiful and turns heads everywhere. I bought the shadow blue with the two tone interior and its a real pleasure to have in my driveway. I regularly drive 200 miles between NY and Pennsylvania and can only say the car is rock solid at speed (autobahn like). Around town smooth and responsive. Previously owned 2004 Acura TL. Buy it.

Favorite Features

Comfy seats on long drives, clean dash, technology package, and surprisingly for a german car, the Navigation is decent. Much better than my wifes 2008 A4. No complaints, the car is a ten.

Suggested Improvements

Better feed back from the brakes. The modulation is a little softer than I prefer, but there is still good stopping power with little fade.