Used 2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Very satisfied with the CC
By wogass

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new In 09 and I though I'd might be taking a chance as it was in it's first year of production. Now, 3 years later & 76000km I'm glad I took the chance as I've been extremely happy with it. I've had no issues other than the dealership I bought it from (Horrible customer service). I switched dealerships which made all the difference In getting the most of out the car & service.

Favorite Features

My favorite has to be the sport bucket seats; they wrap around you and keep you tightly in place while taking corners. The eye catching body style has to be next, it's sleek and swept back profile grabs eye's all the time. Other than that it has everything that every other car has, actualy it lacks in some area's.

Suggested Improvements

First off, the OEM Continental's are absolutly crap after 20000km. I replaced them with some Bridgestone Potenza's. The add in of a upgaded engine option should be available. The 280hp is good but doesn't differenciate In performance compared with the 200hp turbo.

WATCH THE GAS GUAGE GO DOWN AS YOU DRIVE
By bobseelos

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 4 Motion CC as a model left over after the 2010's had come out on a $499 per month 36 mointh lease, 12000 miles per year. the big negative issue i have with htis vehicle is the gas mileage. Averages about 20 miles per gallon. Car has lots of pickup and is usually driven about 80 on the freeways so I guess this is the reason for the poor gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Navigations system is great and easy to use. The trunk is huge. SIRIUS radio is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Has been in three times for radio/SIRIUS reception problemS. A software update may have fixed the problem. Really only has 4 seats to sit in. The hard plastic storage/drink holder in the middle of the back seat makes you take 2 cars somewhere if you have 5 people or more to go somewhere. this is a big drawback. It is a waste of space. Sun roof only opens to a crack of 2 inches or so. it does not slide open and I did not realize this when I leased the car. Might think again about that feature.

A waste of money
By bluebenz

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Paid big bucks for this car, problems from day one. Check engine lights, water leaks, rattles, rattles and more rattles, interior parts that break, horrible build quality.

Favorite Features

Styling, seats, trunk space, powerful yet economical engine.

Suggested Improvements

visibility, blind spots, reliability, new rattles every day.

still in love after 1 year
By ed

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the vehicle 1 year ago and drove 16000 miles without any problems. I bought it with a 9300 usd discount brandnew! So I spend 33000 usd for a car that I still love.. Great performance, love the awd system in every condition, great looks. Wished they could offer tdi versions in the US with the 4motion. Overall very satisfied!!!!!

Favorite Features

4-motion! great vr6 engine, handling

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see this in TDI in the US

Awesome CC
By Joe Ostarello

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am 6'4" tall and more comfortable in this auto than i have been larger size luxury models I have owned. It is beyond any doubt a great auto to drive. The only trouble in the 1st 8 months has been a couple of fault warnings for the distance sensors and OBD that did not latch or require service

Favorite Features

Essentially evertyhing The comfort mentioned above The stability of AWD (1st auto I have owned with such) The body stle and interior The different drive modes (normal, sport, or paddle shifted). Some times when i am alone in the car, I lke to go fast The large truck and full size spare

Suggested Improvements

A 450 BHP W8 version would drive me to buy another one (and give the current one to my wife hahaha) An upgrage to the Volkl Bluetooth to enable voice commanded outgoing calls through the steering wheel microphone button.