2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
I'm sorry but I traded
By nkelley62 on 05/27/11 18:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the car (as a woman would) for the stuff that the salesman told me would work. after I signed the paper work and got the car home stuff didn't work. I took back to the service dept to learn that the car only had the buttons and lack the add ons that I wanted. The other turn off was that my feet would burn when driving the car. The air system would default to heat making it way to hot for me. My gas mileage was horrible getting about 15-18 mpg. I had to fill up twice a week. I thought this was too much since I only worked 10 miles from home. Sadly traded the car

Beautiful car saved my life!
By Scamp on 03/10/10 16:10 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ok first of all this car, rather the VW engineeres saved our lives. My wife and I were involved in a head on collision with a Dodge Ram2500 4 dr. impact spped were well over 110+ mph. The impact sent us basically under the Dodge, ripping the rear end out from under the truck. My front bumper, windshield,left quarter, driver door were destroyed. Shattered front left rim. They flipped and rolled pinning occupants inside. As VW advertised our doors unlocked and hazards were applied after the crash. Despite the impact and severity of damage to driver side I was able to open my door and exit the once beautiful CC. No intrusion into the passenger compartment. This car saved our lives. Thank You !

Awesome!!
By jaime on 02/06/10 18:55 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am happy to write a review on my cc. I needed a car to move around town, I average 120 miles a day commuting. I looked at lexus iseries and bmw 3 series but wanted something different . This car gets so much attention,, everyone says it's the prettiest vw they have seen. It is so fun to drive i hardly feel the commute and don't mind getting on the road. It has never given me any mechanical problems and feels as new and exciting to drive even today after over 30k miles. I highly recommend it and plan on keeping it for a very long time. If you enjoy driving a quality car and don't care for flashy brand names and still like to stand out from the rest of the sheep this is the car for you!

Lovely to look at delightful to drive
By Jerry Henricks on 02/04/10 09:50 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for more than a year. It is the first automatic transmission I have had for three decades - no participation like having a 6 speed manual. I love everything about it regarding superior styling, very quiet, steering and handling. The quality shows in everything it does. The two tone leather seating gives it a lot of panache. The heater/air conditioning is terrific once you've let it do its thing. I have the 'jet airplane impeller" set of wheels - the coupe de grace. The seating comfort makes it a real road runner. Gets 21 mpg around town (driven hard) and 29 on interstates. No problems other than a rim and tire from a road hazard. You're going to love it! I sure do.

2009 VR-6 Great Deal
By HoustonJR on 11/10/09 17:14 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Replacing 2002 Passat. Vehicle is much quicker and more fun to drive. Got a great deal on a VR-6 model, paid $29.2K in Houston, TX. Have put 1000 highway miles on it and it's very comfortable. Averaged 28 mpg.

Very Impressed
By Eric Sands on 11/05/09 12:09 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine for about 3 months now. I love the way it drives. Very German. Sporty. Stiff but not jarring at all. Very quiet cabin at highway speeds. Quality craftmanship interior and exterior. I love the simplistic layout of the cockpit. There is just enough to give you the info you need, without cluttering up the dash with useless trinkets and faux finishes. The brushed aluminum is real. No problems so far. I am a little disappointed in the gas mileage. Nowhere near advertised. They stated 27 mpg highway. I do 95% of my driving on the highway and I never hit traffic and I am getting about 23 mpg. That will add up quite a it over the years...

Driver Drving AWAY
By David Chochol on 10/28/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

CC brought me back and is now Driving me away. I can't wait to trade it on a LS430 Lexus. Stain in the rear window will not come out with anything! Seems to be the plastic melted into the glass. Sand grinding sound in the steering colunm which was replaced @ 2,700 miles, 700 on the miles driving back and forth to the dealer. Ebrake fully killed battery(dealer said no) the is a service recall,(NHTSA Item Number: 10029084) Only 2000 miles. Paint has Flaws on trunk. FLOOR MAT get folded under your feet liek Toyota. Speedo is OFF 4 MPH. 65 is actally 61. VW dealer said this is accepted. BS.

New Owner 2 day review CC SPORT VR6
By sumncguy on 08/30/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

5/7 220lb no problem getting in/out, plenty leg/head room. Drver Seat setting allows ample leg room rear seat rider. Config of the dash controls, 1st glance, easily found/used while driving. Over done interior electronics most I will never use. A good reason to get the warranty. VW should offer VR6 with less fluff. If they did I would have purchased that model instead. Performance/handling quite good both in twisties & on the slab. slow at the starts. Rougher back roads reminded me I was in a smaller car. Performance/steering wasnt inhibited crests/valleys are felt more. Mirror/through window views unobstructed. Ill be back with an updated review.

steering/alignment
By victor on 08/30/09 15:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Follow-up review. 5 alignments, 4 new tires, replace rack & pinion component, balancing, 5 test drives, different technicians and only 1500 miles. What can I say, "lemon". Even after test drive with service techs and service manager which in fact concurs with me that car still pulls to the right. Service manager and VW rep states that this normal and is within specs. I say if this normal for this type of car it should be revealed to the customer, I myself wouldn't have bought it, who wants to buy new expensive tires and alignment often? if you do own this type of car, give it a test drive focusing on how straight the car drives when letting go of the wheel momentarily. Safety, utmost concern

alignment
By victor on 08/12/09 19:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

bought car beginning of August. has been in shop longer than it has been at home. Alignment problem, let go of steering wheel and drifts drastically to the right. Service guy has been much help, even though 3 technicians have tried to resolve problem. Latest attempt was to replace all tires, another alignment, and balancing. We'll see what happens. Haven't had time to really test drive it myself since I've been out of town on business. Will keep you posted. Really like the style, inside and out, but we'll see.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*