2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2009 CC Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Sort Reviews by

Very satisfied with the CC
By wogass

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new In 09 and I though I'd might be taking a chance as it was in it's first year of production. Now, 3 years later & 76000km I'm glad I took the chance as I've been extremely happy with it. I've had no issues other than the dealership I bought it from (Horrible customer service). I switched dealerships which made all the difference In getting the most of out the car & service.

Favorite Features

My favorite has to be the sport bucket seats; they wrap around you and keep you tightly in place while taking corners. The eye catching body style has to be next, it's sleek and swept back profile grabs eye's all the time. Other than that it has everything that every other car has, actualy it lacks in some area's.

Suggested Improvements

First off, the OEM Continental's are absolutly crap after 20000km. I replaced them with some Bridgestone Potenza's. The add in of a upgaded engine option should be available. The 280hp is good but doesn't differenciate In performance compared with the 200hp turbo.

WATCH THE GAS GUAGE GO DOWN AS YOU DRIVE
By bobseelos

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 4 Motion CC as a model left over after the 2010's had come out on a $499 per month 36 mointh lease, 12000 miles per year. the big negative issue i have with htis vehicle is the gas mileage. Averages about 20 miles per gallon. Car has lots of pickup and is usually driven about 80 on the freeways so I guess this is the reason for the poor gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Navigations system is great and easy to use. The trunk is huge. SIRIUS radio is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Has been in three times for radio/SIRIUS reception problemS. A software update may have fixed the problem. Really only has 4 seats to sit in. The hard plastic storage/drink holder in the middle of the back seat makes you take 2 cars somewhere if you have 5 people or more to go somewhere. this is a big drawback. It is a waste of space. Sun roof only opens to a crack of 2 inches or so. it does not slide open and I did not realize this when I leased the car. Might think again about that feature.

A waste of money
By bluebenz

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Paid big bucks for this car, problems from day one. Check engine lights, water leaks, rattles, rattles and more rattles, interior parts that break, horrible build quality.

Favorite Features

Styling, seats, trunk space, powerful yet economical engine.

Suggested Improvements

visibility, blind spots, reliability, new rattles every day.

still in love after 1 year
By ed

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the vehicle 1 year ago and drove 16000 miles without any problems. I bought it with a 9300 usd discount brandnew! So I spend 33000 usd for a car that I still love.. Great performance, love the awd system in every condition, great looks. Wished they could offer tdi versions in the US with the 4motion. Overall very satisfied!!!!!

Favorite Features

4-motion! great vr6 engine, handling

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see this in TDI in the US

Awesome CC
By Joe Ostarello

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am 6'4" tall and more comfortable in this auto than i have been larger size luxury models I have owned. It is beyond any doubt a great auto to drive. The only trouble in the 1st 8 months has been a couple of fault warnings for the distance sensors and OBD that did not latch or require service

Favorite Features

Essentially evertyhing The comfort mentioned above The stability of AWD (1st auto I have owned with such) The body stle and interior The different drive modes (normal, sport, or paddle shifted). Some times when i am alone in the car, I lke to go fast The large truck and full size spare

Suggested Improvements

A 450 BHP W8 version would drive me to buy another one (and give the current one to my wife hahaha) An upgrage to the Volkl Bluetooth to enable voice commanded outgoing calls through the steering wheel microphone button.

My Stellar CC
By Charlie

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the car for 7 months now, added the gold coast accessories package on a white gold CC VR6 4Motion. I get stopped weekly at gas stations, stores, starbucks etc people asking what kind of car. if you are bored of today's boring designs and average ride quality, just go buy one. this car stands entirely above it's base 26k price.

Favorite Features

the sound of a VR6

Suggested Improvements

really? nothing.

4-Motion is KING in snow!
By Steven

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my VW CC with slight hesitation as I originally did not want the VR6 4-motion. What I originally wanted was a VR6 Sport with black or silver exterior w/ navigation. The vehicle that fit my description was not available at my local dealer but they did have a VR6 4-Motion in Iron Gray ext w/navi (64mi on the ODM) with huge discount on the price as they were already getting in MY10s. So I took it. It took me a while to get used to the ext color but I instantly fell in love with the car when winter came with heavy snow. The 4-motion makes driving in Michigan snow weather so easy when I compare it to my previous MY2000 BMW 323i. No slips or ESC/TCS lights blinking...just WONDERFUL!

Favorite Features

Exterior/interior design, 4-motion

Suggested Improvements

Bi-xenon headlight option and 4-motion with the 4cyl variant. In short, get rid of the V6 unless a twin turbo charged V6 with 300+hp is offered.

Yee-hah!
By welby

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I spent a great deal of time shopping and researching before buying this car. I test drove Audis, Infiniti Gs, BMW 3 series, Volvos and others. The CC took the cake. And, in the end, only BMW's 335i felt more muscular. Aesthetically, inside and out the CC seems near perfect; mine is white and, simply put, only a Mercedes CLS looks better. Once you sit in this thing everything else feels cheap and gimmicky. In terms of performance, I love driving this car. It's brawny when you want it to be, but it can double as a comfortable commuter. Edmunds is ho-hum about the V6 4Montion, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The powerful engine and all wheel drive are well worth the extra money.

Favorite Features

Driving performance. This car is FUN to drive. I commute about 50 miles a day and it never gets old. The interior radiates quality; exactly what you want and nothing more. I often sit in the car to read the newspaper because the seat is so comfortable. Great sound system. Truly, a car for a czar.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage could be better; drinks premium gas; rear visibility; media system is better than competitors, but maps could use a more scaled zoom (street names please) and the touch and drag features are hardly iPhone-esque; steering wheel "whirs" a tiny bit in parking lots; can't see the front bumper.

My first but not last VW
By Bob

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this in Fall when my previous car started having engine problems. I was looking at comparing the Lux and VR6, but the deal was too good to pass up ($ off due to age of car). So I found this car that had all the features I wanted, for a great price and quality of German Engineering. I love how the seats hug my body while driving. The other nice feature is the back seat pass-though in the center. This feature allows 4 people and skis to comfortably fit in the car. The 60/40 split seats are also nice when transporting other larger items. My friend bought his Jetta TDI from this same place after enjoying the ride in my car. I hope this is still around when it's time for a new car.

Favorite Features

Three words: All Wheel Drive. I haven't had much of a chance to try AWD out yet, but just the idea is great. My girlfriend also loves the heated seats and climate control. The pivoting headlights are nice when deer are around a corner.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the Diesel versions that are available in Europe to the US. It's the same engines that are in the Touareg and Jetta TDIs (6 & 4cyl respectively) and get great MPG. If I have to put in more expensive gas (91 or greater octane) then let me have a MPG benefit.

The right Ride
By cbroo

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a beautifully styled car. I love the pick-up, the interior and had no major problems (only a small issue with the module that controls the radio). An outstanding car for the price. I changed from Volvo and never look back.

Favorite Features

Handling, engibe and ergonomics

Suggested Improvements

Faster response on navigation system