Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Cc - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Nothing but disaster
By geo40

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Do not buy that great looking and stylish piece of crap unless you are ready to shell thousands of dollars for repairs. 2009 CC Luxury. Yes, it has been a luxury you can't afford to own. VW should be ashamed for putting together such an unreliable vehicle. We bought it new in 2009. Now it has 70K miles. I also have a $7K dent in my wallet for repairs. Water pump failed. It takes half a day to have it replaced. The fuel pump and fuel pump module failed while driving and left me drifting with a dead engine in the middle of traffic. The ceiling lining is falling apart and it looks like as if I went thru a car wash with the windows open. Did I mention the failed latch for the trunk?

Favorite Features

Style, performance

Suggested Improvements

Totally unreliable. Multiple systems failures at low miles. Very expensive repairs.

Going on 4 years
By brcc

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my '09 Lux new Mar '09. Have 44K on it with absolutely no issues. Avg 25 mpg with 35 on trips. Use 89 octane and not premium with no problems. Enjoyable driving with multiple seat settings to suit longer hauls. Nice cockpit with the extended moonroof panarama. Constantly surprised by quality of the car, finding little, but substantial advantages every time I go through it, e.g. full spare, tie downs and just the material used. Recently replaced OEM Continentals which got noisy with age with quiet and nicer riding Michelins.

Favorite Features

Tiptronic shifting, moonroof, smooth and lively engine performance, handling and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

A diesel option would be the only improvement.

Solid but Quirky
By kickice

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Harsh ride. Passenger side windshield rippled, distorting view. AM reception terrible, releasing brake pedal make whine from speakers for a few seconds. Turning sharp often changed radio stations. Low profile, tough exiting when parked beside curb. Frameless windows pop down when unlocking. Auto close and they "try" to open when grabbing handle often the window don't drop quick enough snapping the glass. Bad on motors. Surprised to find such a classy car to have suck rinky hangers low on the seatbelt guides, long garments lay in floorboard. AC vents are tiny and positioned poorly, cannot aim lower then around chest level. Moisture formed low inside of windshield, defrosters couldn't get to.

Favorite Features

The CC is a very solid built car, handles well, and has a lot of pickup and other pluses, just wanted to pass these things along as the quirks were bothersome enough to have us trade the car back in after less than half a year. We just want everyone to do their homework first.

Suggested Improvements

Guess all this is fine if you want a car more for looks then practicality, but many small improvements would help (maybe done in newer models). AC vents should be set so people can cool off and not just to cool the cabin. Windows constantly going up and down is annoying and just seems prone to wear the window motors out quick. Put a few clothes hangers in, they'll get used. And yes, some of us still listen to local AM stations.

Very satisfied with the CC
By wogass

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new In 09 and I though I'd might be taking a chance as it was in it's first year of production. Now, 3 years later & 76000km I'm glad I took the chance as I've been extremely happy with it. I've had no issues other than the dealership I bought it from (Horrible customer service). I switched dealerships which made all the difference In getting the most of out the car & service.

Favorite Features

My favorite has to be the sport bucket seats; they wrap around you and keep you tightly in place while taking corners. The eye catching body style has to be next, it's sleek and swept back profile grabs eye's all the time. Other than that it has everything that every other car has, actualy it lacks in some area's.

Suggested Improvements

First off, the OEM Continental's are absolutly crap after 20000km. I replaced them with some Bridgestone Potenza's. The add in of a upgaded engine option should be available. The 280hp is good but doesn't differenciate In performance compared with the 200hp turbo.

Nice but expensive to maintain
By tsantsa1

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a 2009 CC with the 2.0 and a 6 speed manual. It has a beautiful car to drive over 40K miles, BUT, it is a female dog to maintain. Just before it went out of warranty, the dealer where I take it for service (not where I bought it) replaced both the clutch pedal assembly and the intake manifold under warranty. Since then the clutch pedal has come loose twice. I just took it in for the 40K service. The service mgr said it's supposed to be loose like that. It was not loose before replace, and they tightened it once after service. Which brings me to the 40K service. VW covers service through 30K. At 40K they make it up with a $400 plus service charge. Lease don't buy it.

Favorite Features

Handling, ride, styling and features

Suggested Improvements

Outrageously expensive to maintain.