2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:
Nothing but disaster
By geo40 on 03/28/15 05:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Do not buy that great looking and stylish piece of crap unless you are ready to shell thousands of dollars for repairs. 2009 CC Luxury. Yes, it has been a luxury you can't afford to own. VW should be ashamed for putting together such an unreliable vehicle. We bought it new in 2009. Now it has 70K miles. I also have a $7K dent in my wallet for repairs. Water pump failed. It takes half a day to have it replaced. The fuel pump and fuel pump module failed while driving and left me drifting with a dead engine in the middle of traffic. The ceiling lining is falling apart and it looks like as if I went thru a car wash with the windows open. Did I mention the failed latch for the trunk?

Going on 4 years
By brcc on 12/06/12 07:15 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my '09 Lux new Mar '09. Have 44K on it with absolutely no issues. Avg 25 mpg with 35 on trips. Use 89 octane and not premium with no problems. Enjoyable driving with multiple seat settings to suit longer hauls. Nice cockpit with the extended moonroof panarama. Constantly surprised by quality of the car, finding little, but substantial advantages every time I go through it, e.g. full spare, tie downs and just the material used. Recently replaced OEM Continentals which got noisy with age with quiet and nicer riding Michelins.

Solid but Quirky
By kickice on 05/28/12 21:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Harsh ride. Passenger side windshield rippled, distorting view. AM reception terrible, releasing brake pedal make whine from speakers for a few seconds. Turning sharp often changed radio stations. Low profile, tough exiting when parked beside curb. Frameless windows pop down when unlocking. Auto close and they "try" to open when grabbing handle often the window don't drop quick enough snapping the glass. Bad on motors. Surprised to find such a classy car to have suck rinky hangers low on the seatbelt guides, long garments lay in floorboard. AC vents are tiny and positioned poorly, cannot aim lower then around chest level. Moisture formed low inside of windshield, defrosters couldn't get to.

Very satisfied with the CC
By wogass on 04/04/12 14:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new In 09 and I though I'd might be taking a chance as it was in it's first year of production. Now, 3 years later & 76000km I'm glad I took the chance as I've been extremely happy with it. I've had no issues other than the dealership I bought it from (Horrible customer service). I switched dealerships which made all the difference In getting the most of out the car & service.

Nice but expensive to maintain
By tsantsa1 on 11/16/11 16:57 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a 2009 CC with the 2.0 and a 6 speed manual. It has a beautiful car to drive over 40K miles, BUT, it is a female dog to maintain. Just before it went out of warranty, the dealer where I take it for service (not where I bought it) replaced both the clutch pedal assembly and the intake manifold under warranty. Since then the clutch pedal has come loose twice. I just took it in for the 40K service. The service mgr said it's supposed to be loose like that. It was not loose before replace, and they tightened it once after service. Which brings me to the 40K service. VW covers service through 30K. At 40K they make it up with a $400 plus service charge. Lease don't buy it.

No Longer a VW Amabassador
By bulldogj on 09/17/11 09:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Loved CC in beginning. Work in sales so lot of people see car & commented on. Couldn't take after purchased bcause recall 4 seat wiring. Washed car 1 week later & window leaked due to seal. Then trunk would not close. All warning signs 4 things to come. After no warranty due to miles: dashboard around ignition & glove box started bubbling & peeling. Then trunk would not open. Wire harness broke no obvious rodent chewing that caused it; cost $250.00. Recall steering column console Aug 11. Sept: steering wheel locked & couldn't drive thought due to recall. Nope, diagnosis rack & pinion issue not related to recall - VW svc est $1600.00 plus $80 tow. Sales colleague was buying; no more!

WATCH THE GAS GUAGE GO DOWN AS YOU DRIVE
By bobseelos on 06/10/11 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 4 Motion CC as a model left over after the 2010's had come out on a $499 per month 36 mointh lease, 12000 miles per year. the big negative issue i have with htis vehicle is the gas mileage. Averages about 20 miles per gallon. Car has lots of pickup and is usually driven about 80 on the freeways so I guess this is the reason for the poor gas mileage.

I'm sorry but I traded
By nkelley62 on 05/27/11 18:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the car (as a woman would) for the stuff that the salesman told me would work. after I signed the paper work and got the car home stuff didn't work. I took back to the service dept to learn that the car only had the buttons and lack the add ons that I wanted. The other turn off was that my feet would burn when driving the car. The air system would default to heat making it way to hot for me. My gas mileage was horrible getting about 15-18 mpg. I had to fill up twice a week. I thought this was too much since I only worked 10 miles from home. Sadly traded the car

A waste of money
By bluebenz on 05/27/11 14:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Paid big bucks for this car, problems from day one. Check engine lights, water leaks, rattles, rattles and more rattles, interior parts that break, horrible build quality.

WOW
By mfx1001 on 02/17/11 18:38 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

While visiting my sister, we went to a Mercedes dealer and looked at a C300 that she was interested in. She was trading in her old Mercedes and felt that 'there's nothing like a Mercedes'. There was a VW dealer down the block from Mercedes, and since I've always wanted to look at a VW CC, we went down the street to check it out. Our first impression was "wow"! We took one out for a test drive and that was it. She got a new CC Sport and I bought a used 2009 Lux ltd. We both couldn't be happier. The cars ride and handling are well controlled and very comfortable. Interior and exterior are beautifully done. Yahoo, it's fun to drive again!!!