Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Nice but expensive to maintain
By tsantsa1

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a 2009 CC with the 2.0 and a 6 speed manual. It has a beautiful car to drive over 40K miles, BUT, it is a female dog to maintain. Just before it went out of warranty, the dealer where I take it for service (not where I bought it) replaced both the clutch pedal assembly and the intake manifold under warranty. Since then the clutch pedal has come loose twice. I just took it in for the 40K service. The service mgr said it's supposed to be loose like that. It was not loose before replace, and they tightened it once after service. Which brings me to the 40K service. VW covers service through 30K. At 40K they make it up with a $400 plus service charge. Lease don't buy it.

Handling, ride, styling and features

Outrageously expensive to maintain.

CC Gets an A
By CC Rider

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a used 2009 CC and love it. The short-throw manual shift makes every drive fun, and the 4 cylinder turbo has plenty of power. I had my selection narrowed down to a Honda Accord 2-door coupe or Nissan Altima 2-door coupe, and then drove the CC and bought it on the spot. Handling is excellent. There's something exceptionally solid about German engineering that you just don't find in most other makes. My only mistake may have been installing splash guards. The car sits low to begin with, and now the front splash guards only have 2.5 inches of clearance. It doesn't take much of a bump for them to scrape the highway. Oh well.

Auto-hold parking brake for taking off from a dead-stop going uphill. Manual transmission. Wide stance for excellent handling.

Visibility is restricted by the slope of the rear window, but it's the price you pay for the body style.

2009 VW CC-Sport
By JDB

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Walked away from my Acura TL and never looked back. Beautiful styling, super fun to drive and a great buy. I get compliments daily. My wife wanted me to look at Volvo S60, BMW 3-series or a Lexus. No way, this car was it. She was won over when I brought it home. Purchased the 6-speed manual 2.0L Turbo and it's plenty for the car and oh so fun to drive (did I mention that!). I agree with most reviews that if your going to pay the extra $10K for the 6cyl, then you may as well go with Infinity or BMW. Can not say enough good things about the CC and the great job VW has done with it! Even gas mileage is good at an avg. 30 mi/gal. I would highly recommend.

Great styling. Interior is comfortable and intuitive with out being overdone or complicated.

memory seats standard would be nice.

One year later, my CC still rocks!
By Mark

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just a follow up after a year of ownership. Bought the CC new in July 09, and have loved it ever since. I changed jobs, and now commute 50 miles on back roads every day. One thing that I have noticed is that the blind spots are pretty bad on this car. You really have to pay attention to what the other cars around you are doing. Otherwise, this car is very fast and has excellent handling. The low center of gravity means that you go faster without realizing it. The interior has held up well, despite the best efforts of my 2 year old. I've averaged 30+ mpg on typical drives. No noticeable oil consumption. Overall, it has been the best VW I've owned (out of 4 since '98)

Driving experience that matches or exceeds the style. Hill auto hold. Interior colors (two tone).

Make the back seat a full backseat. Offer in British racing green. Black/gray/silver too boring. Ditch the EOS and offer a CCC (the last C is for convertible).

Bang Bang for the buck
By Mark

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing styling (Mercedes CLS lines) that constantly gets compliments with an interior superior to that of the latest Audi A4. This is the base model with so many options and power I don't know why you would need the upgrade package considering its lofty price tag. Good mileage - week and a half per tank (27 avg. mpg). If this is the future of VW, autobahn driving will have Bavarian Motor Works in their rearview.

Styling and interior features.

For the price, its hard to ask for more. Too early to comment on VW's historically high cost to maintain.