Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen CC

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Stay far far away from these cars!!!!
By Ryheem T.

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife purchased a 2009 VW CC last year......July 2015. The first day of owning the car the fuel pump went , luckily we purchased the car in CT where the dealers have to give you a 90 day warranty. Car was in the shop for 2 weeks total bill cam e to well over $1000.....luckily we didn't have to pay for it. Car drove good for a few months then the brake booster went(Feb 2016)...........$700 fix. My wife was recently at work and the car wouldn't start.........replaced the coil packs($500 job) , car was out of the shop no more then a few weeks...........check engine light pops up......dreaded P2015 code(intake manifold issue). Luckily VW has a warranty for this........covered for 10 yrs/120k.......fixed free of charge. Got the car back yesterday 07/16/16 , this morning car wont start. I'm telling you guys.......stay far far away from these cars........nothing but headaches!

Pretty good (mostly) at 182,000 miles
By Dave

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Direct Injection will require cleaning the intake valves at around 100,000 due to no fuel to clean the buildup on these valves. Wear on the rear tires has been a problem on these cars. One the original tires was worn on the inside edge (into the cord) at 37,000. The other three all had even wear and 50% of the tread left. The alignment was checked several times and found to be correct. Dealer said this is because of the performance alignment(I don't buy it as only one tire (right rear) wore out. There is lots of talk on the internet about damage to rear suspension during tie down on the delivery trucks. Rotation helps mask the problem, but 75% of the tread wear on the car takes place on the right rear. 12 year rust through warranty. Great mileage (you can get 35 highway easily and 40 if you go 55).

That's a VW?
By Bill Brower

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Best car I have ever owned. VW made one of their stupidest moves(after diesel flap) in not making more advertising and sales push for this car. I bought it over the MB E350, Cadillac CTS and Acura TLS(Too ugly in 2010). My other cars have included Acura TLS, Jaguar XJS, Rover 2000TC, etc.

Looks can be deceiving
By Julian

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the car because I fell in love with it since I test drove it. Fantastic interior, excellent performance and suspension overall.
Have owned this car for 4yrs now. Bought it with 20,000 miles. First year car ran like a champ no issues what so ever. Then came second year of
ownership and everything went down hill after the warranty expired three months before. Water pump failure, $1,500 fix. Six months later water pump failed
again. I though the mechanics were idiots and did not know what they were doing until it failed again a year later. Anyhow, I've had four water pumps replaced in three years. Intake manifold failed twice, PCV valve failure and of course fuel pump failure which are all "common" problems due to poor engineering according to dealer. Constant oil leak until I had to have valve cover gasket redone. Oh yes, rear main seal failed at 40,000. The car has 50,675 miles at the time of this review. Great car when it runs but I have spent more money on repairs for this car than the maintenance work done on my two previous vehicles combined.

After 6 Years of Driving
By Chris

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I came here to look up the trade in cost for this great car as I need to trade in for an SUV now that I have a bigger family. I was a bit shocked to see that some people were not happy with this car and I felt compelled to write my own review to give this car justice after 6 great years of driving it:
1. Fuel Injection issue in other reviews: I did have the fuel injection issue once, took the car to the dealership and asked the mechanic on what causes it. the answer was simple: you need to use premium gas instead of regular. I never had the fuel injection issue since.
2. Reliability: I never had any mechanical issues with this car outside of the fuel injection issue I had once due to using the wrong kind of gas (I have 79k miles as of the time of writing this review).
3. Ride Quality: This is an amazing car that drives much better than the BMW 3 series and Lexus IS (tested both when I was in the market for this one). It still drives like new after putting almost 80k miles on it.
5. My only issue with this car is the trade in value. After looking up how much this car has depreciated, I think I am going to keep it for another 2 - 3 years to maximize my money's worth out of this amazing car.