Used 1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet - Consumer Reviews

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet

View reviews for a specific Cabriolet model:

Low and Slow!!
By Balr Cby

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Classic 2dr Convertible

I'm the third owner with 125k right now. Oil pressure switch gives me a fit sometimes, but she starts every time and still gets looks. My wife loves the little car, and it's definitely a unique one, the last year of the MKI body style!

Easy to work on, quiet enough with the top down, easy to operate top, fairly rare to see with the full clipper kit on.

No cup holders of course, and the top needs to be adjusted..but what do you expect, it's a 17 yr old car!

Gretel, my tons of fun VW!
By Beekaboil

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Classic 2dr Convertible

This Cabriolet is the first VW that I myself have ever owned, actually the first car that is really mine! And I'm 61! I have been looking for a Cabriolet for several years and when I found this one, I know I paid a little too much and she needs a little work, but I have so much fun driving this car! This car fits me to a T, my hubby, not so much.Thank goodness we can put the top down! I'm planning on keeping my Gretel until the fenders fall off or someone offers me a million for her whichever comes first. ha ha

Convertible, automatic, great stereo, White interior, such a blast to drive, the only one like it in our Rather large town, and everybody wants me to take them for a ride when they come for a visit!

NO place to put your drink- for the driver or passenger,and that is really maddening. But,what can you say for a 17 year old car that has over 105,000 miles on her?

VW Cabriolet 1993
By Terri

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Classic 2dr Convertible

I have seen every one of this workhorse's, my 1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet, 189,000 miles. Now that she's a geriatric, she's gained a bit of an attitude with her reliability, but is still far more dependable than any other car her age and/or with her miles (if you can find one).

1993 VW
By psychdoc

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Classic 2dr Convertible

great car, fun to drive, a classic,
nice car to have in the sunshine state.

Fun car ... in the sun ... or anywhere
By justme52365

I have loved my 93 vw ... i should
note ... before this i had a 91 vw
jetta which i did not (like) ... the
only negative i can say about this car
is the oil pressure switch is sometimes
a hassle - if u get a good vw mechanic -
they can take care of it .... as of
2003, i have 173000 miles on it ... and
i have never changed the clutch or had
any other major problems .... been
fun ... and i plan to keep it ... for a
long time ...

the top has served me well - i would highly recommend a dark top ... (people i have known ... got the white top which gets dirty very quick ) ... the stereo has been fun and the heated seats always are a plus ...

The only problem i really ever had involved the oil pressure switch ... see above. Loved this car - still do .