Shockingly Terrible
By Maven1216 on
2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Wow, where does one begin with a car as sub-par as this one? I have had this car for 4 1/2 years and only put 37,800 miles on it within that time AND STILL it is plagued with problems. From the electrical malfunctions, to the muffler falling off, to the interior coming apart, the transmission being completely worthless, the check engine light being perpetually on, serpentine belt being replaced, new tires, new battery, new air filters, CO2 something-or-other for my gas tank ... and on and on it goes. I am on a first name basis with my VW dealer (funny but also sad) because I am there literally, every month and I can't wait to dump this piece of junk that or drive it off a cliff.
Favorite Features
Convertible ... but I would have been much happier with a RELIABLE car that had a sunroof - or maybe even just a hole in the top.
Suggested Improvements
Recall ALL 2002 Cabrios and give the owners their money back (in cash, in full), then report VW to the BBB for producing such a sorry excuse for a car. No wonder they discontinued it. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VW!!