2002 Volkswagen Cabrio 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - It's a Love/Hate relationship...

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio - Consumer Review

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

GLX Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

It's a Love/Hate relationship...
By Val on

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a cabrio for years and have truly enjoyed the vehicle. It's been great for both road trips and around town...very comfy, lots of fun, and plenty of zip for me. Performs extremely well at high speeds. However - I am less than satisfied with the A/C, peeling door handles, cup holders, and the locking/security system. I'm about to take the car in for the 3rd time to fix the A/C (leaking & blowing white powder), the 5th time for the locks (passenger door won't lock from inside), and the handles peeled within 4 mths of ownership. Very discouraging!! Especially in the Texas heat!!

Favorite Features

Love the look, top down ease, handling, comfort for 4 passengers, etc. Really lives up to all my expectations of a fun convertible!

Suggested Improvements

Please address the peeling door handles, poor A/C, central locking problems, and tiny cup-holders. Also, CD changer should be inside the vehicle. As much as I enjoy the "big things", the little things going wrong drive you crazy day-to-day! Not sure I'd buy another.